Stocking for a 220

Hidan

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2018
I love Pacu's and my monster 2 foot Pacu was my favorite fish of all time. He had the personality of a cichlid and used to scare the crap out of every guest when they were informed he is a piranha. I used to challenge them to put their hand in the tank (nobody ever did - they didn't know he wouldn't do anything).

But yeah they grow too quickly and too large, though they aren't too outright aggressive and should be able to live in your tank for a year or so and then in your brothers tank for a while longer, before you would have to give it away.
Mine was kind enough to not kill or eat smaller fish in the tank as long as I kept him well fed.

PEANUTBUTTER

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2014
Canada
After talking with my fish guy he has some stuff i want and potentially not be able to get the others but how does this stock look?
2 oscars
1 silver arowana
1 ornate birchir
1 lowei birchir
1 black ghost knifefish
3 redhook silver dollars
2 black bar silver dollars
1 Giraffe cat

I already have the 2 oscars in my tank and this weekend im picking up the Aro and the 2 birchirs maybe the silver dollars im still iffy on the idea

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
Looks fine, the silver aro and giraffe catfish will outgrow the tank, but you know that already. The silver will be fine in the 400 gal you say your brother has, the giraffe cat may even outgrow that. But would be fine for a while.
So that leaves the Oscars, BGK, bichirs, and silver dollars in your 220. Which should be fine.

Hidan

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2018
Should work as long as you have good filtration and do regular water changes.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store