Stocking for an office tank

Aqualoon

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2009
Minnesota
72g Bow front - 30 gallon sump

Looking for suggestions for a fun office tank stocking. People want to go reef because you can have fish, shrimp, crabs, etc. and everything is colorful and looks different. I don't have the time to maintain a reef tank at work so want to do freshwater.

I was originally thinking of mbuna because they're bright and colorful however they all have the same body shape. I was then thinking of maybe switching it up to a Tang community tank but then the color isn't really there.

Anyone have some ideas on what would look nice, have some color, different types of fish for a tank this small?

Reactions: Backfromthedead

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
How about an Amazon themed tank with various tetras, catfish, and peaceful cichlids?
Or a tank with Glo fish?

Reactions: Davidiator

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Mixed species tank, scarlet badis, Christmas fulu, checkerboard cichlids,
Ruby red cichlids, gold nugget pleco, black emperor tetras, and a pair of blue neon rainbowfish.

Or you can go saltwater with bristlestars, a piece of live rock, some anthias , chromis,and exotic damsels, which would be low maintenance for saltwater.

Reactions: Davidiator

bbortko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
Northwest, Indiana
Low tech planted with angels and rainbow fish.

Davidiator

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
At home
1 oscar
(Will interact with you guys)

mattison187

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2007
vermont
Mbuna with some nice rock work would be nice. Or as david said, a solo wet pet would be a cool office pet. Possibly an amph.?

Davidiator

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
At home
What is an amph?

How many Mbuna could fit in a 76 gallon tank and how many could fit in a 150?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store