Stocking ideas for a 90 gallon

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Being over stocked is relative to what you want to put into it maintenance wise. Even if the tank is 150 i wouldnt put more than an oscar and a couple of smaller fish.

Once these fish hit adult sizes the bioload really does change. If doing fin level wc's every other day doesnt bother you than go ahead but in reality that isnt the best long term strategy.
If it were me i would do just the oscar and enjoy a nice easy breezy tank maintenance wise. That O will absolutely fill out the tank

No amount if turnover will remove nitrates btw

Reactions: J. H.

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
Bow down to that yes i dont want a overstocked tank im not the person its the worst thing see fish over stocked in a tank its just cruel and inhumane thank you, you have been really helpful and so nice to me :) i will go for your advice not the little kids oh just quickly filteration it is that the filter is ment to turn the volume of the tank by 10-15 times an hour?
Turnover, if you look at it scientifically is not as important as amount of biomedia, nitrogen export, and dilution. You can blow the water around as fast as you want, but the trick is getting the poisons out. Adding biomedia allows your tank to hold more bb, and therefore knock out ammonia and nitrite faster, Adding nitrogen export allows you to knock out nitrate, and adding dilution, (WC, sump) allows the poisons to do less damage. Upping the turnover definitely helps by increasing circulation and using all the available surface area in your system to bb, and helps clean away debris, but is not really an answer if your params are getting out of hand.

Oh really I have no experience!! WELL FOR ALL OF YOU THAT FONT KNOW I HAVE BEEN FOING THIS FOR 6 years so I got experience!
You probably do, and I am not knocking you, it is just that you gave a strange, easily misinterpreted one liner reply.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store