Stocking ideas with Knifefish

Terror fanboii 1

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2019
Hi,
Today my friend gave me a knife fish with one iridescent shark due to his 55 gallon tank leaking and killing 3 oscars and 1 albino iridescent shark that he loved the most but these 2 survived,he was very upset and quitted the hobby for sometime.
He gave these fishes to me because

1)The LFS was not taking them back.

2)In 1-3 months I will be making a 200-250 gallon above ground pond whose dimensions will be L= 78,B= 24 and H= 24-30 inches.

My questions are
1)Can I keep the clown knife fish for the rest of his life and tank mates with him ?
2)I know I won't be able to keep the iridescent shark for very long but for how much time I can keep him and what will I do when he gets too big ?

For now,the clown knife and iridescent shark are living in my 30 gallon tank with tiger barbs.
The clown knife is 5 inches long and the iridescent shark is 2 inches long.
Will the clown knife grow in this tank ?
And I have 2 hiding spots but the clown knife was hiding in the sponge filter the whole day he came out in the night.
The shark started eating I gave him some shrimp pellets.
The clown knife didn't ate and I was wondering what will he eat ? he didn't ate in his previous tank too because he was added one day before the accident. Will he eat the hikari micro pellets or shrimp food ?.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
It’ll grow in the 30g. Will grow quick and the tiger barbs will be gone. Future tank will be ok but if the width and height were switched then you’d be fine.

The catfish will be too big for that future tank. I’d offer it up for free on fb or mfk marketplace.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Whatever you do don't release either of the fish, that's the worst thing you could do.

Reactions: Terror fanboii 1

Terror fanboii 1

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2019
Thanks for replying
I will try to sell the catfish
I didn't wanted them to be released in the wild that is why I took them from him.
Sorry I can't change the width due to there's only 2.2 feet width where I am gonna make the pond.
Also,can you reply my other questions ? please.

Terror fanboii 1

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2019
How much days he will take to eat ? and be less shy and what should i feed him if he doesn't eat hikari micro pellets or shrimp cuisine ?

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Not everyone here is qualified to answer your questions and some can't be answered but merely guessed at.
What I can tell you that if he won't eat give him a couple days.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
And do you know how much he will take settle and come in the daytime ?
No time table but once it gets about a foot long, by then easily, they maybe a bit more emboldened.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store