Straight outta the congo

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
I need to do an update on this guy/girl..gender neutral. I got to watch it bury itself last night maybe I can get that on video. Eating night crawlers and shrimp right now. It looks like it's put some size on in the short time I've had it. It ate a big meal last night so it will probably stay buried.

Reactions: DMD123

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
Like that.... Starting to want a hairy again...

Reactions: DMD123

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
I need to get some tongs asap. It's only 3" but it doesn't always go for the food item

Reactions: justarn

jtanw

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2018
Chicago/Boston
I need to get some tongs asap. It's only 3" but it doesn't always go for the food item
For my Congo and Duboisi, I just hold the tails of the shrimp above the water and let them eat the front half. From personal experience, DO NOT LET YOUR CONGO BITE YOU. Mine bit me when I was cleaning his tank, and he broke the skin.

Reactions: justarn

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
For my Congo and Duboisi, I just hold the tails of the shrimp above the water and let them eat the front half. From personal experience, DO NOT LET YOUR CONGO BITE YOU. Mine bit me when I was cleaning his tank, and he broke the skin.
My old suvatti took a small chunk out of my finger and enjoyed it. This little thing rips through shrimp like its nothing. I hold the shrimp like your talking but It's 50/50 going for shrimp or finger. I get worried about it taking in air as well

jtanw

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2018
Chicago/Boston
My old suvatti took a small chunk out of my finger and enjoyed it. This little thing rips through shrimp like its nothing. I hold the shrimp like your talking but It's 50/50 going for shrimp or finger. I get worried about it taking in air as well
I've never had a problem with them breaching the water and sucking in air, it only happens when you take them out by force.

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
Little update. On the skinnier side from a hunger strike. This little thing is quirky about food.

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Wow cant believe it totally passed up a wiggling worm.

Puffers have their moments dont they? The hairy puff was eating frozen shrimp in shell just fine and then I fed it live shore crabs and it just stopped eating shrimp. To get it eat again I had to go to krill and nightcrawlers. It has not eaten shrimp for a while now.... total bummer because it was an easy food to feed and I would stuff pellet food in there so it would get any missing nutrients from it.

Reactions: jtanw
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store