Straight outta the congo

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
Wow cant believe it totally passed up a wiggling worm.

Puffers have their moments dont they? The hairy puff was eating frozen shrimp in shell just fine and then I fed it live shore crabs and it just stopped eating shrimp. To get it eat again I had to go to krill and nightcrawlers. It has not eaten shrimp for a while now.... total bummer because it was an easy food to feed and I would stuff pellet food in there so it would get any missing nutrients from it.
It cut it in half then just left it to die. It doesn't tolerate anything in its tank. I think I'm going to try krill. Shrimp was working then it quit all the sudden. Very picky about food.

Reactions: DMD123

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
It cut it in half then just left it to die. It doesn't tolerate anything in its tank. I think I'm going to try krill. Shrimp was working then it quit all the sudden. Very picky about food.
Not that I feed live fish but maybe some guppies or something to stimulate it to hunt and eat?

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
I was looking at them the other day thinking about a feeder tank

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
Doing its thing. I need to show my tanks a little more love. Do a background and some plants. I've been so preoccupied with all the deals out there right now I've took focus off what I have.

1013181013_Film1.jpg 1013181013a_Film1.jpg

Reactions: magpie and DMD123

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Wow that is looking good with the red popping. Maybe you should try some red garnet to see if it will show red all the time. Rare to get a Congo like that? Dont they normally tend to show tan to brown normally? The red is awesome!

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
Wow that is looking good with the red popping. Maybe you should try some red garnet to see if it will show red all the time. Rare to get a Congo like that? Dont they normally tend to show tan to brown normally? The red is awesome!
Honestly both the ones I've had are like chameleons. Going from red, beige, very light tan, combo, and then like the color of your suvatti. This color usually means its ready to eat. I have a friend who has breeder guppies so I think I'm going to grab them and see if i can get an ambush vid.

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
Well his instincts are good and he went for it. Good start...
Not really. It's still chasing the other 2 last I checked. It took sitting on a bucket for 30min to get that little video lol

I was hoping I would catch it burying itself and ambushing one. Instead it's buzzing around trying to sneak up on them.

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
The fact that it’s chasing probably means it is hungry but odd that it didn’t really eat the one it caught...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store