Substrate Recommendations for 240 Gallon Piraya Tank?

The-Almighty-Zugs

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2019
Ontario, Canada
I have a used 220 acrylic if it’s of interest? It’s 72x30x24” tall. Dual overflow with 1.5” drains. I would have charged around $2000 for a 96x24x24 240 gallon with 3/4” acrylic and full top brand new. $3000 CDN isn’t a bad price at all. Likely 1/2” acrylic on the one you bought unfortunately
Where in Ontario are you? And how much would you charge for the 220? I haven't pulled the trigger and bought the tank yet.

And the 96x24x24 will be made with 3/4" acrylic.

Reactions: Matteus

The-Almighty-Zugs

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2019
Ontario, Canada
I have a used 220 acrylic if it’s of interest? It’s 72x30x24” tall. Dual overflow with 1.5” drains. I would have charged around $2000 for a 96x24x24 240 gallon with 3/4” acrylic and full top brand new. $3000 CDN isn’t a bad price at all. Likely 1/2” acrylic on the one you bought unfortunately
One issue I am running into with the tank is shipping. Angelo (Saline) found a company named Hills Moving but they would charge $1000+. At first he thought it would only cost $500 which is doable. But he didn't know they charged to get there and the ride back.

Tj203

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2019
One issue I am running into with the tank is shipping. Angelo (Saline) found a company named Hills Moving but they would charge $1000+. At first he thought it would only cost $500 which is doable. But he didn't know they charged to get there and the ride back.
the person i told you about has there own delivery driver.

The-Almighty-Zugs

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2019
Ontario, Canada
if you dont mind me asking where did you buy your tank from how thick is the acrylic and what kind of warranty does it come with?
I haven't actually bought the tank yet. It is going to be made with 3/4" acrylic. Warranty is actually not something I've asked about. Good catch on that one.

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I haven't actually bought the tank yet. It is going to be made with 3/4" acrylic. Warranty is actually not something I've asked about. Good catch on that one.
Saline will do a lifetime warranty if the system is all designed by them. They are great to work with. I had a 480 gallon from them that was made 10 years ago, still going strong to this day. It’s actually the tank on the cover of their website. I live in Sudbury Ontario but I mostly do acrylic work out of Barrie. I will be doing work here in Sudbury shortly. The fact that he recommended 3/4” acrylic shows he cares. Most company’s will do 1/2” and skimp on material. PM me and we can talk more. The 220 gallon is used but in great shape.

Reactions: Matteus

The-Almighty-Zugs

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Saline will do a lifetime warranty if the system is all designed by them. They are great to work with. I had a 480 gallon from them that was made 10 years ago, still going strong to this day. It’s actually the tank on the cover of their website. I live in Sudbury Ontario but I mostly do acrylic work out of Barrie. I will be doing work here in Sudbury shortly. The fact that he recommended 3/4” acrylic shows he cares. Most company’s will do 1/2” and skimp on material. PM me and we can talk more. The 220 gallon is used but in great shape.
PM sent.

The-Almighty-Zugs

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2019
Ontario, Canada
I’m curious how you spent $7000 on your tank? I see 500-700g turnkey for less than $7000.00 brand new, great brand new equipments and some enough change for a bunch of new fishes. Did you build a room for your tank? Was it professionally installed in wall by ATM? I’m scratching my head how you spent $7,000 on a tank and still not have a decent light for plants... and some substrate and fake plants... shoot give me $7000 I’ll find you a brand new tank with stand and all the fake plants you want.
Sorry... I was just reading this thread... found it interesting you mentioned fx6 filter for $260
I have NEVER seen a brand new fx6 for less than 400 + canadian... not that I care because canister filters are terrible imo.... but I'd love to know where you have been finding these filters... maybe this special store of yours has some other u heard of deals
why so much money that is more then i spent for my custom 480 gallon with cost to cost,black back, lids, stand, lights, sand. i think white sand looks the best. i would stay away from fake plants and just do some dry rock or something like that. to me the fake plants make it look cheap and i hate the maintenance for them because u have to clean them all the time. if you dont mind me asking where did you buy your tank from how thick is the acrylic and what kind of warranty does it come with?
And does anyone have any recommendations on the substrate I should use?

• Haha
Reactions: dr exum and Matteus
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store