Super Black KK Take5

Man-made Monsters

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2016
His markings are so interesting. Great square body. His face is so awesome. Flat, as a Kamfa's face should be. He looks to be about 7 inches or so now? Great progression. Do you have any pictures of him with his face coming toward you? In a glass biter straight on shot.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Kenneth Pham

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2018
I’d say he’s about 5.5-6”. I’ll try and get a straight on pic but it’s easier said than done lol. It’s been a long journey for sure! Not too long ago I thought I was going to lose him due to hex

Man-made Monsters

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2016
What an awesome fish. Dude I feel your pain of the challenges often faced with keeping Flowerhorns. Ive been keeping flowerhorns since 2002-2003 and man have I seen my fair share of illnesses. Then, just when I think I have seen all off the challenges this fish has to offer, something else will appear. I have tried to move away from flowerhorns in the past but yet somehow I always come back. I just love how owner responsive they are, and each fish has its own behaviors that are often unique to that particular fish. My newest addition, a baby 2.5 inch SRD is a "contortionist" in his free time and has already managed to put himself in between acrylic dividers and jump out of the water and through spaces I wouldn't ever imagine he could fit through. Not to mention that I had to make an 1 hour 20 min round trip drive today to get a bottle of Prazipro to treat what appears to be a worm attached to his fin that made the journey with him from Taiwan. So yes these fish are challenging and I would never recommend them to a beginner in the aquarium hobby, but man they are such an awesome fish to raise and I know you feel the same way. Your KK is already a show stopper, and as it is with most Kamfas and King Kamfas he will only get better with age. Thanks for posting the pic, and keep the updates coming.

Reactions: Kenneth Pham
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store