IMG_1032.JPG

Last edited:

giar

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2016
Indonesia
Gotcha..

The thing is im trying to breed rays. So i been selecting higher to top grade rays. Beside i learn alot from askin around here and there instead of just google image it lol :)

SHARK13

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2012
I was talking about the statement you made regarding the spots becoming smaller as they get older.
Wasn't a generalization of all black rays, alot of hybrids break up and the spots shrink. Same can happen with pure BD's.
The opposite can also be true like in your case. It's 100% a gamble as to what will become what.

Reactions: jettefrances17

Exotic Aquatics LLC

Piranha
Community Vendor
MFK Member
The 2 Ray's under the first pic of the OPs post are white diamond from empire Ray's. I know these exact fish and seen them. The last pic funwow posted from future Ray's is a white diamond as well. Not SW. I know this for a fact as I have the exact pics sent to me by Kenny lim the breeder him self.

White diamond and SW are two separate breeders as stated by shark13.

SW breeders goal from the start has been to accomplish very large spotting and have other ray blood within the genetics to achieve this.

WD breeder Kenny lim has been selectively breeding the worlds Top BD, and is up to his 6th generation by now. The goal was to accomplish the highest contrast black ray on the market, with jet black base and the whitest of spots. He was not going for the size of spot, but rather started with color and contrast in mind first. He has been in recent years after perfecting the direction of his line, now selecting some of his bigger spotted Ray's for future projects.

Both lines produce some of the best Ray's you could ask for, it's up to your end goal and what your after most.

I've attached pics of the Ray's the OP posted, these are White Diamonds, NOT SW.

If more proof is needed I can attach screenshots from Kenny stating these are what I'm claiming them to be. With all the confusion around WD and SW I wanted to clear the air, since others thought them to be SW.

Cheers, and any questions regarding white diamond just PM me!

received_2113700481993603.jpeg

received_2106412282722423.jpeg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store