Swirl filter with bean animal overflow + sump?

Oughtsix

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2011
Redmond, OR
Im using the same setup in my 800 gallon set up....but with simple drilled bulk heads coming out the main tank. You should be fine as long as you u put the drain which goes to the sump higher up . From the overflow u want that pipe extended almost towards the middle of the swirl filter. Make sure u add a drain line on the bottom to flush the swirl during a water change
Would you be up for posting pictures of your swirl filter please? Especially the plumbing from the tank to the swirl filter? Are you using an in tank overflow box like a Ghost overflow?

I am about at the point in my 180g build I need to figure out the plumbing for my full tank height trickle filter and would appreciate seeing how other people have done their plumbing in similar circumstances.

Reactions: vincel892

vincel892

Exodon
MFK Member
May 20, 2019
Total is about 6000....running two 4000 gph at about 75%.....assume its around 6000gph....the right side return line is around 13 ft line at 3ft head....actually i made a typo its 900 gallon..tank is 16ft by 3 wide by 30 inches tall
What types of pumps do you run ? and what size drains do you have? Also, with just simple gravity fed drains, is there a lot of noise/gurgling coming from your drain pipes? That is my only concern as the tank will be in my living room.

DRUKENMUNKY

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2018
What types of pumps do you run ? and what size drains do you have? Also, with just simple gravity fed drains, is there a lot of noise/gurgling coming from your drain pipes? That is my only concern as the tank will be in my living room.
My tanks are in the garage so noise which is not too bad isnt an issue for me i hear the air pump really more than the drains......when i get back from this trip im planning to move over the radial flow into a 900 gallon set up with a combined 450 and a 240 with a 200 gallon sump and i guess i will take pics and explain the set up of the radial flow for yall. And fyi i know there are quite a few threads on silencong drains and overflows but as far as pumps go i have trying out those newer jaegger pumps and they are quiet. Running 2 of the 80 watt pumps on that system and its close to 6000 gphScreenshot_20200210-175715_Amazon Shopping.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store