Switched from prime to safe- dead fish

CarpCharacin

Probation Member
Probation Member
Sep 20, 2014
Salt Lake City
So Seachem claims that "Complexed hydrosulfite salts" which are used in prime and safe aren't the same as hydroxymethanesulfonate, which is used in ChlorAm-X. I'd be interested to know what the actual difference between the two are.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Carp, let it go.

Having tested both products over several years of hands on use, I can tell you that the two products are not the same.

I'm not sure why you would bump this topic up, it places you and your PhD buddy in a very poor light. He was clearly confused over the patents, and he made some ridiculous claims along the way.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
I'd like to know Colonel Sanders recipe, but they aren't willing to divulge that trade secret either.

Reactions: Niki_up

CarpCharacin

Probation Member
Probation Member
Sep 20, 2014
Salt Lake City
I'd like to know Colonel Sanders recipe, but they aren't willing to divulge that trade secret either.
See my post in the thread about the proposed forum for in-depth meta-analytic discussions.

Is the difference between the chemicals significant, or is the one used in prime/safe only slightly different to avoid patent infringement?

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
LOL, I feel kinda dumb that I defended him two years ago when I failed to even understand his argument, but I guess you can't learn if you never make mistakes.
I'm glad to see you at least admit that.

Reactions: CarpCharacin
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store