Switching from API Co2 to flourish excel

Ariel_Saxon

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2017
I have an aquarium that consists of anubias of different varieties, lace java fern, moss balls, and java & Christmas moss. I have using API CO2 daily however am switching to flourish excel. I have read from some people that you should start with low doses to allow the plants a chance to adjust to it. Is this still the case seeing as I have been using a full dosage of API CO2 daily?

I also was inquiring as to whether all my plants are going to be safe with the usage of this?

My third inquiry is my German rams having fry that are not swimming around yet. Is this safe to use with them in the aquarium?

I apologize for all of the questions, but when doing my research, people were talking about different precautions and I wanted to get further information before using it.

TheWolfman

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2010
Long island, NY
Few questions. How long has the tank been running with the plants? What type of plant growth have you been getting? How long have you been dosing? What’s you photo period? Those are all easy plants and you shouldn’t have problems growing them with any of the off the shelf ferts.

Ariel_Saxon

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2017
They've been in there for about 3 months now and I haven't noticed much growth. I have the light on a timer set for 8 hours a day. I've been dosing since I got them. I also use the Nilocg plant supplement method and I'm using the one with gh booster. On the 7th I do a wc and which is when I add the gh booster along with API leaf zone. I now have an algae problem and read that the flourish excel can help with it as well as working better than api co2. What's your opinions on this?

TheWolfman

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2010
Long island, NY
They've been in there for about 3 months now and I haven't noticed much growth. I have the light on a timer set for 8 hours a day. I've been dosing since I got them. I also use the Nilocg plant supplement method and I'm using the one with gh booster. On the 7th I do a wc and which is when I add the gh booster along with API leaf zone. I now have an algae problem and read that the flourish excel can help with it as well as working better than api co2. What's your opinions on this?
What type of light are you using. Algee is caused by a imbalance in fertilizer to light ratio being off. I don’t know if changing up from the api to the flourish is going to help they are basically the same product. I’d say you are probably over dosing and have too much light. Cut the photo period back by a hour and see if it helps.

Reactions: Ariel_Saxon

Ariel_Saxon

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2017
What type of light are you using. Algee is caused by a imbalance in fertilizer to light ratio being off. I don’t know if changing up from the api to the flourish is going to help they are basically the same product. I’d say you are probably over dosing and have too much light. Cut the photo period back by a hour and see if it helps.
Thanks for the advice! I will try taking an hour off and see how that goes!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store