Synspilum disease (Help pls)

Mohammad93

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2016
Hi guys

My sinspilum get sick, (inflation & white seeds)

i put it on tetracycline and salt soluble in 20min and after that remove the white seeds with tetracycline powder and cotton swab but little bleeding on scars of white seeds.

please look at the picture and tell me should i do something else?IMAG1451.jpg IMAG1453.jpg

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
Is that duck lips? I'm looking at my Synspilum right now, and his lips are about 1/3 the thickness of yours. Hard to really know from a picture, and not seeing the fish before he got sick.....but I'd guess duck lips. Columnaris bacteria infection. Very lethal.

If it's columnaris, you need a combination of Nitrofurazone and Kanamycin. It doesn't usually respond real well to treatment.

Mohammad93

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2016
Is that duck lips? I'm looking at my Synspilum right now, and his lips are about 1/3 the thickness of yours. Hard to really know from a picture, and not seeing the fish before he got sick.....but I'd guess duck lips. Columnaris bacteria infection. Very lethal.

If it's columnaris, you need a combination of Nitrofurazone and Kanamycin. It doesn't usually respond real well to treatment.
yes, before he got sick, his lips are about 1/3 the thickness of now, the lips are swollen.

Is there a quick definitive treatment?

Please help me, i want to save my synspilum, i love that very much, i don't want him to die:(

dan518

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2014
uk
Sounds like ducklips, there is no quick definitive treatment. The infection is normally fatal to the fish, if caught early enough the treatment ragin_cajun suggested might help

Reactions: Mohammad93

Mohammad93

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2016
Sounds like ducklips, there is no quick definitive treatment. The infection is normally fatal to the fish, if caught early enough the treatment ragin_cajun suggested might help
what is the "ragin_cajun" exactly?

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
Yea, after I wrote advising kanamycin and nitrofurazone, I looked at your profie and saw you're in Iran. I kinda thought that you wouldn't find the 2 antibiotics easily there, you might have to use locally available antibiotics.

If you use some other antibiotic, you want to be sure use the same type antibiotics. Some treat gram positive, some treat gram negative bacteria. You'll want to at least try a gram negative antibiotic, effective against the "Flavobacterium columnar" or "bacillus columnaris".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Columnaris

Reactions: Mohammad93
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store