tank mates for juvenile silver arowana

james t

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2017
Derbyshire, ENGLAND
Hey I'm interested to know of suitable tank mates for a juvenile arowana my current tank is 450 UK litres dimensions are 5 ft long 2 ft high 2 ft wide?

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated thanks in advance

tomojsg

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2011
大韓民國 (서울) Korea
a suitable tank mate would be a smaller bottom to mid dwelling fish

skytan13

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2017
Asia
Had 5 originally to prevent fighting , but now reduced to 3 . Nothing much happened supposed they can go up to 9-10" , my biggest now is 6" or so they dun grow as fast. My Arowana mostly ignore them except when they stealing his food, but as usual avoid anything that can fit its mouth.

I have a few other plecos inside, as for BN , the fairy fin L144 i kept from 2.5" , is being ignored totally also. Thou have DW and sound hiding spots but when meal times it crawls all the way up to the top of the tank to help himself with the aro pellets.

james t

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2017
Derbyshire, ENGLAND
so would 5 be a good number to start with and see how it goes with aggression?

The BN I have at the moment is around 2-3in and arowana is around 6in so they would be okay with plenty of hides?

skytan13

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2017
Asia
Yah, i should think its fine .That's pretty much what i did to my tank.
They will be chasing around themselves abit, should be nothing serious once the order is established things will pretty much settle down.

But as always there will be some risk with a smaller BN, abit of luck sometimes depending on the temperament of the Arowana.

james t

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2017
Derbyshire, ENGLAND
OK I'll get some more hides in and both the BN is really shy in the time I've had it still only comes out later in the day.

Just had a look at some of the GEOS and some really caught my eye specifically geophagus winemilleri.

One more question would firemouth be okay they are around 3 inch mark?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store