Tankmates for a fire eel

Jox

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
There is a guy on here who had one that was very close to 40 inches. Beside it was a small Corydoras which was dwarfed by the eels size. I never heard of a fire eel eating other fish.

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
Depends on the eel, and depends on the other fish. My fire eels would always eat neons, and cardinals like there was no tomorrow.

Lonewolfblue

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
Wenatchee, WA
www.nw-wolf.com
WyldFya;996249; said:
Depends on the eel, and depends on the other fish. My fire eels would always eat neons, and cardinals like there was no tomorrow.
Also depends on who they've grown up with. If they have been with some small fish since they were very small, like mine were, they pretty much left them alone, even at 16 inches. But if I added guppies, they would probably become a meal.

Stone84

Feeder Fish
Aug 21, 2018
is that a pic of fire eel looks wierd mine is black with a red stripe on top and bottom of body how long is yours???? what will it eat???? mine pisses me off only eats live ghost shrimp every one keeps telling me thats bad he'll catch a disease but i dont know what to do.. tried to stop feeding him live and he almost die of starvation....wtf????? any ways size/diet????
Mine only eats red wiggler, tried everything else.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store