Tankmates with JARDINI (READ!!!)

martini

Feeder Fish
May 3, 2006
Spore
Having community of Jardini that were kept since young would be great.

I kept the following practices to reduce fights by

1. having them fed and filled
2. Bigger encagement and more space to swim
3. If I cannot offer the legnth and width, a deeper depth would be great.
4. More powerheads as I observe they like to swim against current and hopefully
have them occupied and weaken the need to fight
( the powerhead could be place mid/high level so the bottom dwellers could roam )
5. Plants and hidding places

If have a successful community of Jardinis, clown loaches, Monos, bala shark for now.
Initially I suffered causualty however when i introduced the 1.5-2FT Silvers into the tank,
the 14" Jardinis ( 3pcs ) were more tamed. It is peaceful now as long as everyone is filled. ; )

Steve_89

NISMO
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
?
Its good to hear that your comm tank is working out so far :)

WhiteLineRacer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2005
UK
I had a Pearl from a baby 2.5 inches big till she got to about 15/16 inches.

It lived in a planted and wooded comm tank with 21 indian glass fish (2 inches tops) BGK, bala sharks, polypterus, red tailed black shark, tyre track eel, royal plecs, climbing perch and silver dollars. Nearly everything bar the polypterus 15" the BGK was 14" was smaller when i took the Pearl out.

I removed her because she started to act more aggressively weather down to lack space or what I'm not sure?, although she never killed anything. BTW it was a 225 US gallon tank.

I must stress she did grow up with all these fish, nothing was introduced after she hit 4"

Tank_187g_FL.jpg

BlackKnifeGhostSmallV3.jpg

a_146.jpg

Steve_89

NISMO
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
?
Nice tank :)

Thanks for the input :thumbsup:

Steve_89

NISMO
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
?
Bichirs. I've had bichirs live with the jardini and they were safe, except the ornate who swims alot. but the rest that stayed on the bottom was safe.
That is true.

Bottom dwellers seem to be safer with jardinis.

Large cats make good tankmates.

Sunpoe

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
At my lfs the owner has 24" jar with five 18" to 20" silvers and there doesn't seem to be any problems. The jar is the top dog but the silvers look to be in good shape. He has had this setup for years too with new fish being added as he sells off stock. For some reason the jar never seems to sell.

Steve_89

NISMO
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
?
At my lfs the owner has 24" jar with five 18" to 20" silvers and there doesn't seem to be any problems. The jar is the top dog but the silvers look to be in good shape. He has had this setup for years too with new fish being added as he sells off stock. For some reason the jar never seems to sell.
Have you got pix??

That would be an awesome tank.

ehyou19

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2005
Hawaii
I put a 4in jardini with my 10in Aba and less than a month later the Jardini is no longer around. lets just say that i have never seen a more mutilated fish in my life.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store