Tapajo Aimara

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Pardon me but hasn't Jeff sold aimara before?He is about as reputable a dealer as they come and should know what he is selling.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Pardon me but hasn't Jeff sold aimara before?He is about as reputable a dealer as they come and should know what he is selling.
He does!

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
Correct. I would trust him. I think the only question is whether these will turn red like the infamous red aimara. I’ve only heard of the red aimara in China and being insanely expensive. These are from Tapajos so who knows.

Regardless, $165 for an aimara is an insane price. I paid $600 for my 4in one a year ago.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Correct. I would trust him. I think the only question is whether these will turn red like the infamous red aimara. I’ve only heard of the red aimara in China and being insanely expensive. These are from Tapajos so who knows.

Regardless, $165 for an aimara is an insane price. I paid $600 for my 4in one a year ago.
Yes,their prices seem to be dropping although he has another variant listed for a little more money but it's bigger in size.

SharptoothBass

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
dc
I debated hard on this but don't think I can pull the trigger. If anyone is interested Jeff @ TangledUpCichlids has 2in aimara from the Tapajos region. This is the region for the elusive "red aimara". I really thought hard about grabbing one but just do not have the space and my wife would kill me.

Jeff sent me a pic, and it is hard to tell if it is red and I doubt you can notice at the size of 2in. These guys are cheap though at $165 and he only has 3 left.

Who is going to grab one?
Mine came this morning he only got in 4 of them. Would have got 2 but I just came back from vacation. If the don't go fast I'll grab another one.

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
Mine came this morning he only got in 4 of them. Would have got 2 but I just came back from vacation. If the don't go fast I'll grab another one.
Nice! Have you had an aimara before? If so do you think these are the red variant? You’ll need to keep us updated.

Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car
Just emailed Rapps for 2 of them let’s see if he still has them will post pic if aqquirred

Reactions: Troy1015
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store