Temensis

bassinmike85

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
California
How's it going y'all? For years i have always wanted to focus on raising and breeding cichla temensis. After a fuff last few months with my wife's cancer battle (She won the fight and is cancer free as of now) I am back in it to win it. I ordered a 600g (roughly pool) that i am turning into a indoor pond for a pair of temensis. I am currently growing out 5 baby temensis. Got them not long ago at 1.5". They are in quaratine now and eating like the temensis that they are. So here is my plans for the pool pond.

Plan is this. Going to build a wooden frame around the pool. Then have a wooden edge on it to make it look nice. also going to put that exterior rock on the outside of it. but between the wooden sides and pool going to put insulation to help keep the heat in. Also insulation under the pool. Will have night time leds as well around the pool. above it not in it. will keep the decor simple. sand and driftwood. going to put indoor house plants around the pond as well. was going to do a diy filter with the garbage cans but i am thinking of building a above the pool sump. have a pump pumping water up and have it all lava rock and potho plants. and water returning the other side into the pond. this will also save space on filtration.

Plans may change as the build starts. Still selling off other fish to make room for this build. I am super stoked and blessed to revamp this once and for all.

ai have the pool already. just going to buy everything i need as the build goes on. defiantly don't want to rush it.

Temensis care as of now is,

20g growout tank.

Feeding - multiple times a day. Diet is, bloodworms, xtreme nano pellets and cut up tiny pieces of shrimp.

Using API general cure during quarantine.

I will update soon with pics and video. You can find more content on IG ( michaelthefishkeeper ) but this build will be posted across multiple platforms.

Stay tuned for what is about to be a incredible journey.
image.jpg

bassinmike85

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
California
Update on the group. Currently being treated for some type of Fungus. Today is day 3 of treatment and they look way better.

IMG_6668.jpeg

Reactions: kno4te

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
Very cool, haven't seen temensis in awhile.

JeBassMaster

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 17, 2021
Excited to see the results of this one. Where are you getting your temensis from? I'm interested in getting some in the near future and need to find a solid supplier.

Reactions: bassinmike85

pwmin

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
CO via PA
www.myspace.com
Excited to see the results of this one. Where are you getting your temensis from? I'm interested in getting some in the near future and need to find a solid supplier.
Ray's Tank in Colorado has some temensis in a couple sizes, but I'm not sure if they're WC. Might be worth a call. Pretty sure they ship.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store