White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Reactions: Polyaddict86

DRteugelsi

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2016
Ohio
For upper jaw species go to
http://www.wetspottropicalfish.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2&Itemid=116
Its in the bottom in the oddball section

For lower jaw you have to email this guy name toyin, he have most varients for LJ species but takes awhile for him to email back.
+1 anything wc lower jaw go through toyin.
Thanks a lot guys I may try both out! Are the WC finicky or anything or are they pretty Hardy? You'll have to excuse my lack of knowledge
I've been keeping South American cichlids for almost a decade so this a completely new venture for me haha

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Thanks a lot guys I may try both out! Are the WC finicky or anything or are they pretty Hardy? You'll have to excuse my lack of knowledge
I've been keeping South American cichlids for almost a decade so this a completely new venture for me haha
I think the wc are actually more hardy. Cb tend to over eat

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
Really depends one the individual fish, but yes i noticed that a WC are more hardy than CB, one thing about CB is their genes, some have good quality genes some have poor genes, poor genes mostlikely the CB poly will have deformation.

Reactions: jaws7777

DRteugelsi

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2016
Ohio
I think the wc are actually more hardy. Cb tend to over eat
Really depends one the individual fish, but yes i noticed that a WC are more hardy than CB, one thing about CB is their genes, some have good quality genes some have poor genes, poor genes mostlikely the CB poly will have deformation.
Well I guess that eases my mind. I just know with cichlids that are wild caught for the most part if the water parameters aren't mimicking or close to mimicking their natural habitat you can end up with a dead one really quick.

I'm considering redoing the 125 and just doing all bichirs. What have you guys done to me??? Haha

DRteugelsi

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2016
Ohio
So guys is it normal for a juvenile to be breathing a little hard (still has some of its external gills)? I did a water change and nothing should be out of the ordinary didn't change anything. All other fish seem to be doing fine except she's looking like she's taking deep heavy breaths not quick just long deep breaths??

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
So guys is it normal for a juvenile to be breathing a little hard (still has some of its external gills)? I did a water change and nothing should be out of the ordinary didn't change anything. All other fish seem to be doing fine except she's looking like she's taking deep heavy breaths not quick just long deep breaths??
Seem natural, they do that and sometimes you think that they are not breathing but they are, aslong as its not rapid breathing then its nothing to worry about.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store