the 700

omojena

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2008
nj
Potamotrygon Scobina;3604584; said:
Very nice. :)

How big (and how old) are those lovely flower rays?
the male flower is about 16" and has been in captivity for at least a year. dont know how old he was when he was caught but he was about 7" then.
the female has been in captivity for about 8 months. she is only 11" or so yet. she hasnt learned to eat pellets yet. when they learn to eat pellets their growth skyrockts!!

omojena

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2008
nj
DB junkie;3603513; said:
Yup, used, second hand ones are all I can afford right now. :ROFL:

I've always wondered what it would take for a DIY one to keep up with a bead filter. The zero maintainance involved with beads is second to none though....... :(

Tell us more about this filter..... When it backwashes does that water go to a drain then that water is replaced via a drip system? I'm curious as to how exactly they work. :confused: Are the backwashes performed manually? Then you just refill the tank manually?

:popcorn:
the way i installed it i plumbed the "waste" line directly to the house's sewer drain. when i do a water change i have the option to turn the valve on the Xtreme biofilter to either "backwash/waste/rinse." in any of these three modes the water is literally pumpes down the drain via a 3200 GPH high pressure sequence pump.

the matter of filling up is easy too!! i plumbed a hot/cold waterline directly over the tank. when i need waster i tunr on the hot and cold and viola! i use ULTIMATE water conditioner to "age" the water. it works very well and i have never had any issues with doing HUGE water changes as long as i add the ULTIMATE to the tank water.

rclark12

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2009
new jersey
so nice !!! do you plan on building a canopy?

omojena

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2008
nj
rclark12;3606035; said:
so nice !!! do you plan on building a canopy?
yes. i want to build one with the same wood as i used for the stand. nit really a canopy though... what im making will go to the ceiling and close the whole tank "into the wall"

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
WOW! amazing tank and cool stock, cough-more cichla-cough. But even more amazing plumbing making w/c so easy....makes owning a MONSTER tank that much easier. congrats....dig the stand as well:)

omojena

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2008
nj
gangster;3606168; said:
WOW! amazing tank and cool stock, cough-more cichla-cough. But even more amazing plumbing making w/c so easy....makes owning a MONSTER tank that much easier. congrats....dig the stand as well:)
thanks. i want some more cichla. im thinking 2 azuls. i need to quarentine them first but i dont feel like running another tank right now.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store