The Crestie/Garg thread!

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
I have a Bearded Dragon, but not a Crested Gecko. Also some Baby Desert Tortoises if you guys wanna see them. One got out a few days ago, and spent the night in our neighbors yard!! Found him the next day. I also love Pacman Frogs. Had one a few years ago. Love Cresties. Never had one, but want to get one. Yours are SOOOO pretty!

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
I have a 20 tall and don't know what to do with it but I feel like I should do some sort of tropical setup. Would I be able to pull off a crestie viv in it?
I kinda wanna try cresties again, I lost mine because of temp issues a few years ago.

Kolton13

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2019
I have a 20 tall and don't know what to do with it but I feel like I should do some sort of tropical setup. Would I be able to pull off a crestie viv in it?
I kinda wanna try cresties again, I lost mine because of temp issues a few years ago.
Should be ok, maybe upgrade in the future would be best. When he/she is full grown

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Does anyone think if the tank is tall enough, could a crested gecko co-exist with a Pac-Man frog?
No. Don't even try it. The moment that gecko gets within range of the frog the frog will try to eat it regardless of size. Pac-Man frogs are well known for accidentally choking themselves to death in the wild trying to eat prey that's just too large. Frogs lack a gag reflex so they are unable to vomit up something too large to eat and will choke on it. This would lead to the death of both the frog and the gecko. It's best to just get a separate 10-20g tank for the frog, they don't need much room since it's basically going to act like a rock most of its life sitting in one spot all day long except when physically moved or feeding.

Reactions: Gourami Swami

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Something in the region of 18x18x20" tall is a good start.

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
The taller the tank the better. Cresties love climbing space so the more ya give it the happier it'll be. Also it's best to use a tank with a front facing sliding door, as going from infront is far less frightening then going at it from above like a bird of prey.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store