the driffrence between super red an chili red.

RDFISHGUY

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2006
Red Deer, AB.
bcarlos;4474778; said:
Sorry, I missed your question!

A SR BBXB sounds like a cross between a SR and a BBXB. Would be like a Tong Yan (SR X gold XB) with a blue/purple sheen. I'm biased because I have a personal preference towards reds, but if the fish is nice, go for it! Price sounds a bit steep, but it is a LFS. Good chance you could talk him down.

What farm is this fish from? If you'd like, send me a pic of the fish. I'd be happy to take a look at it for you.
I think he means that the fish has a blue base to the scales as opposed to a green base color. Not really a base color but more like the inner rim . Maybe I'm way off the mark here but here's what I mean.

Blue base SR

Green base SR

manbai

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2008
Malaysia
if differences in pricing normally
1. blood (most expensive)
2. chili
3. super
4. banjar (cheaper among the reds)

alternatively price also based on fish scale!!!

Hao

The Ancient
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2008
goestonemoa;4477474; said:
yes thats totally what i mean....blue at the base and red at tthe tip....you nailed it....i was just wondering if it was real or just a gimic...thanks alot
You can see different base color at different angles. ;)

goestonemoa

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2010
okotoks ab
www.ghosttowntattoos.com
Hao;4487063; said:
You can see different base color at different angles. ;)
well its supose to arive later next week the paperwork just showed up at the store ...so now im realy sitting around waiting for the call:popcorn:

i will definetly post pics in here and start a thread starting from when it i get it at the store and when i get it home

Sarcosuchus

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2006
Everywhere
And now there is a new Red Arowana called Radiant Red Arowana. I have been seeing it in the market lately, they look stunning though. Said to be from Indonesia. Any info?

bruceotb

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2018
all marketing lingo. its either a super red (grade 1 red) or a banjar red (grade 2 red)

and nothing actually comes out red. lol. all are silver to orange in color.

Doddie

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2018
Chilli red, super red, blood red are all the same, consider as Grade 1. some fries have diamond shaped tail, some rounded shaped tail, even from the same brood. As long as you get ur red aro from reputable farm, then you are safe.

My friend who owns aro farm in Bukit Merah Malaysia told me that female is not as red as male. However, its difficult for us to differentiate them.

Don't waste your time, money and effort on Banjar Red, they look like green arowana with orange color tail when reaching maturity.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store