The Fly River turtle biotope!!

Luke tomkinson

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2019
In an arapaima
www.youtube.com
Update..

katies doing very well had a significant increase in growth probably around the 16-17 inch mark but very thick but cruising around doing very well, gets very jealous when i give any other tanks attention.These turts are extremely intelligent!

Fish
Girrafe Nose Catfish (whiskers) grown up from around 4 inches growing up in a 4.5ft for around a month now been in katies tank around a month sitting at around 9 inches, Perfect fish goes along the bottom chowing down on anything
Peacock Bass (bass) Grown up from an inch and had him in the tank 7-8 months added at 8 inches now hitting 14 inches.Very territorial but everyone keeps in check and isnt bothered doesn't go after catfish at all.Marks his ground by coming up to me when i sit next to the tank and death stares me very interesting behaviour.Fed on massivore delite and carnivore pellets for nearly 2 years and stopped eating them a couple weeks ago offered him white bate for the first time and now chomping down on that.I believe that these bass as they get bigger need a much more meaty food and love to chomp down on bigger food.Very good for bass as has guts, eyes everything on the whitebate.
Tinfoil barbs doing very well eating a lot and cleaning up, bass occasionally marks his ground but they have strength in numbers and are more scared of katie.
Tried to add a datnoid a couple days ago as one of my favourite fish ever and got a great deal on a nice indo, but unfortunatley i didnt realise quite how big the bass was and after around an hour the bass was already attacking it so added it to the 4.5ft growout tank.

Sump
Sump doing very well turning over 10000L per hour on around 1800 litre tank which is working very well, over 70kg of alfagrog and lots of sponges, sponge filter in the weire as the water goes down so always crystal clear.Keeps fish and katie very healthy and happy and not had a single disease or real health issue over the 2 years the tanks been running.

What i want to do next?
I would really like to add a datnoid and hoping i can grow mine up at a good pace and be able to re add it to the tank and maybe in future have multiple.One of my favourite looking fish is a chunky 14-15 inch indo datnoid! I would also really like to add a tigrinus catifsh and just waiting for the right one to pop up, the tester was the girrafe nose(dont get me wrong i adore mine) to test if katie and the bass were ok with bottom dwellers such as catfish.Had absolutely zero issues and catfish does very well.I feel a tig would thrive with lots of food and very clean water and high flow aswell as this a nice varied diet with lots of different pellets and assorted fish to offer.

Pictures!
E0C1DC3F-F0BE-4F70-8C0C-28F541E51AC1.jpgB16BFDCA-E21A-4A91-8739-FD452FC7E83F.jpgF25A417F-A63A-4510-A5C2-77FE6C8A1F82.jpgIMG_6738.jpgIMG_6794.jpgIMG_6778.jpgIMG_6445.jpg

TurtleBoy422

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2020
Central IL
Been following this thread for awhile. Thought I would jump on with some pics of my guys. Currently have two FRT. They are Amazing animals ( Pets ) to own. Probably my favorite of all time. I would caution to really think about getting one and to know the responsibility you are taking on. Babies are easy , but they grow quick and need a lot of room and sub adults and adults. I currently keep my bigger on in a 300 gallon, soon to be moved to my 1500 gallon pond. I would not recommend getting one unless you are willing and able to accommodate the enclosure needed. Getting on can be tricky. I recommend not giving anyone any money unless you are physically looking at the animal. If you can’t go pick it up and pay cash, would really think twice about it. Juts my 2 cents …..

BBFC7D27-7833-4CC1-A0CA-9E4E6C25F4CF.jpeg

60A68768-CE24-4241-BD1C-F48616E95B71.jpeg

DF79C368-527E-4DA6-8BE9-F1825F4EF70F.jpeg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store