The Fly River turtle biotope!!

Luke tomkinson

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2019
In an arapaima
www.youtube.com
It has been along time coming but I have finally finished my 310 gallon Fly River turtle biotope, ive been waiting months.With lockdown my fish room being finished was heavy slowed down with online school and things but through the coming months I have finally finished.

The tank is 7ftx3ftx2ft with a 2500 gallon massive pond filter stocked with

x15 hybrid rainbow fish crossed with bosemani and reds{at least I think}
x4 bronze Cory cats I used them for cycling the tank a little bit so will be removing soon as I want to keep it as a biotope
x1 14 inch Fly River turtle
x5 tinfoil barbs{ picking up tonight at the time of posting this}

The tank is decorated with driftwood and some Australian native plants like Vallisneria and hygrophila rose australis.There is also some dead coral which has increased the ph so that it reduces the risk of Katie getting some diseases and also creates it more biotopial and beneficial for all the fish from her region as in the native range it is of a higher ph.The ph of the tank is sitting around 7.8.

The main focus of the tank is my beloved Fly River turtle Katie which I picked up yesterday she's a captive breed Fly River turtle who is 13 years old unfortunately the previous owner could not accommodate for her as he didn't have the space for a tank size she deserves after moving house.Im currently feeding her bannanas soaked in vitamin d and some pellets she was feeding on at her last home, I am slowly moving her over to a box turtle food I picked up as it has lots of minerals and vitamins she needs.I am also chucking in the odd cuttle bone for calcium.I will be expanding her diet as I push forward as I only have had her for a day but I hope to try new fruits such as kiwi, apple, strawberry and also get a some meat in aswell like shrimp and salmon, salmon because it has loads of vitamins
  • Vitamin B1 (thiamin): 18% of the RDI
  • Vitamin B2 (riboflavin): 29% of the RDI
  • Vitamin B3 (niacin): 50% of the RDI
  • Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid): 19% of the RDI
  • Vitamin B6: 47% of the RDI
  • Vitamin B9 (folic acid): 7% of the RDI
  • Vitamin B12: 51% of the RDI
and also it contains potassium and other useful things a turtle needs.

Pictures!

IMG_2079.jpeg

IMG_2077.jpeg
IMG_2076.jpeg

IMG_2074.jpeg

Floating banana in the background just before being eaten minutes later.....
IMG_2073.jpeg

To end it off I thought I would put a picture of her being transported in the back of the car!

IMG_2009.jpeg

IMG_2064.jpeg

IMG_2009.jpeg

Attachments

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
I’ll be damned..... I never thought you would actually get it. Very impressive, good job Luke, you prove that age is not a limiting factor when it comes to achieving your dreams.

I look forward to posts on this turtle comrade.

Luke tomkinson

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2019
In an arapaima
www.youtube.com
thank you so much means a lot
I’ll be damned..... I never thought you would actually get it. Very impressive, good job Luke, you prove that age is not a limiting factor when it comes to achieving your dreams.

I look forward to posts on this turtle comrade.

thank you so much means a lot

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store