The funny messed up things we do...

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
The only really interesting story I have is the time I ended up sleeping in my friend's shed
Which I will post later, as I'm a bit short on time atm.
Does this incident involves an empty bottle of tequila, sheep(s), and deep shame?

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; Back a long time ago during my first year at college (1965-1966) I made a good friend. He was starting to become head over heels about a local girl, a car hop, who worked at the local drive up.

Let me digress a bit for those too young to know about car hops. In that time nearly all fast food places ( They were not even called fast food places yet) had a parking lot and girls who came out to take an order and later to bring the food out to you. The girls were usually young and often very good looking. There were special made trays that fit on the car window to hold the food.

Back to the story. Feeling my friend was about to make a big mistake with this girl, I stepped in. He told me how he had a date with her after his shift as a DJ one night. I do not recall the exact timing of how I managed it, but I got a date with the young lady for earlier in the same evening. I guess she figured to have time for her second date with my buddy.

I go to pick up the very attractive young lady. Now under normal dates I would drive to one of my previously scouted isolated parking spots. Not this time. I made a sacrifice for my friend. Keep in mind the girl is hot. Instead I drive up to the place where I knew my friend was getting ready for his radio gig, telling the girl I need to see a guy. We go in and I introduce my date.

Well it turned out both good and bad. The good part being my friend got over the girl and later married someone else. The bad was that the girl wanted to cut our date short and I drove her home. You take care of a friend even if it costs you.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Hello; Back a long time ago during my first year at college (1965-1966) I made a good friend. He was starting to become head over heels about a local girl, a car hop, who worked at the local drive up.

Let me digress a bit for those too young to know about car hops. In that time nearly all fast food places ( They were not even called fast food places yet) had a parking lot and girls who came out to take an order and later to bring the food out to you. The girls were usually young and often very good looking. There were special made trays that fit on the car window to hold the food.

Back to the story. Feeling my friend was about to make a big mistake with this girl, I stepped in. He told me how he had a date with her after his shift as a DJ one night. I do not recall the exact timing of how I managed it, but I got a date with the young lady for earlier in the same evening. I guess she figured to have time for her second date with my buddy.

I go to pick up the very attractive young lady. Now under normal dates I would drive to one of my previously scouted isolated parking spots. Not this time. I made a sacrifice for my friend. Keep in mind the girl is hot. Instead I drive up to the place where I knew my friend was getting ready for his radio gig, telling the girl I need to see a guy. We go in and I introduce my date.

Well it turned out both good and bad. The good part being my friend got over the girl and later married someone else. The bad was that the girl wanted to cut our date short and I drove her home. You take care of a friend even if it costs you.
"Bros before H:)s"

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
Like Sonic?

Reactions: koltsixx

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Like Sonic?
Hello; Much like sonic. Many were more primitive. Most were private owned and not part of a chain. No intercoms to order from. No drive thru. No designated parking spots, you just parked where you could find a space.
The one I was talking about was named the Pine View. They eventually added a dining room. It was the only such place around the small town of Cumberland KY. Often too crowded to find a parking spot.
There was one called Conly's in Middlesboro KY where I grew up. As a senior in high school I could get two foot long hot dogs, order of fries and a milkshake cup of milk for a dollar. This was 1965.

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
Hello; Much like sonic. Many were more primitive. Most were private owned and not part of a chain. No intercoms to order from. No drive thru. No designated parking spots, you just parked where you could find a space.
The one I was talking about was named the Pine View. They eventually added a dining room. It was the only such place around the small town of Cumberland KY. Often too crowded to find a parking spot.
There was one called Conly's in Middlesboro KY where I grew up. As a senior in high school I could get two foot long hot dogs, order of fries and a milkshake cup of milk for a dollar. This was 1965.
Sounds awesome! So much has been lost in the supposed name of "progress". One of the few things I'm still glad I can enjoy is a Drive In Theatre. Little things like that go a long way especially when you get to share it with a girl who hasn't been lucky enough to know they still exist anymore.

And I'm surprised I thought there'd be more stories. I guess I'm the only one who does messed up things to those he loves. Like sneaking into the bathroom with ice cold water and dumping it on my ex in the middle of her shower. Or putting cellophane on the toilet under the seat so she gets a surprise when she uses the bathroom. Or passing gas loudly in the Supermarket and blaming her. Or wrapping your friends car in cellophane. Or just enjoying tormenting your girl while she watches a scary movie.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; I managed a drive in theater in the 1970's. Not too bad Sunday thru Thursday with only two showings. Friday and Saturday nights were long with three or four films. Was closed during cold season so when I was teaching and working nights the overlap was not too long. I was free in the summer months to do the theater only.

Had the usual sneaker in the trunk of a car. The normal cars back then had trunks big enough to hold a couple of people.

I could tell the ones making out by the steamed up windows.

One late night after the films were over and all but one truck were gone. I walked up to the truck to see why it was still here. There was an old guy alone & asleep in the cab stretched out on the bench seat in only his undershorts. Don't know why he took his clothes off. I woke him up and sent him on his way.

Reactions: koltsixx

Renegade Aquatics

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2016
Everett, WA
"Missed Call"
Last summer, me and some friends went to a party, and I ended meeting this girl. After the party she was gonna let me crash at her place, So we get back to her house and says "Oh, I forgot my keys, and my parents aren't gonna be very happy that I brought someone home with me" So I was just like "Alright, I'll wait around the corner and you try and get in". Then the door opens and her and I hear mom yell "Who is that outside!?" They argued for a second then, she stormed off and her mom slammed the door shut. So at this point I'm thinking "Well now what?" and since the party was quite a ways from my house I couldn't walk home. So I started to head back to my friend's house, since he was gonna drive me back in the morning anyways.

When I got to his house I called his phone to tell him to open the gate let me in and he didn't answer. So I just climbed over the gate and started calling him again. Then I just accepted my fate of sleeping outside and started looking for somewhere to sleep. I ended finding two sheds, one of them a pretty nice looking, the other was just a small cheap wooden shed. So naturally I try to get into the nicer one, but of course there's a padlock on it. Then I go to the next shed and open it to see that there two shelves taking up most the space, except for one small little corner. So I decided to curl up in that corner, using a bag of Miracle Grow as pillow. Where I continued to periodically call my friend until I eventually fell asleep.

I woke up to a bright light and my friend's dad saying "Um, what the hell are you doing out here" I simply said it was a long story and he let me inside the house. Then went and saw my friend, he pulled out his phone and was like "Oh, I have 36 missed calls from you"

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store