The Luckiest Little Fahaka...

NilePufferIsTheWay

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2017
Hey Capt Rick, I am new to here and just moved my Fahaka puffer from a 29 gallon tank to a 125 gallon tank. It's his first night in his tank. The lights are off and hopefully it's a good transition. I used a drip line to slowly get him use to the New tank's water. These little buggers grow super fast. Mine is already 5 inches and he is the best fish I ever have owned. If you have any questions let's discuss them. I am looking to make my own thread for Fahaka Puffer Owners. Here is a 2 month old picture of Him. I will be posting a picture later once he gets use to the tank.

IMG_1247.JPG

Reactions: Capt_Rick_Dixie

Capt_Rick_Dixie

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2017
Clearwater, FL/ Janesville, WI
He's adorable! They're so clever. Mine already follows me around the tank and he's barely two inches. I feel like he's grown near an inch since I got him about 3 weeks ago! I definitely like the idea of a fahaka thread. Let me know how yours settled into his new mansion!

NilePufferIsTheWay

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2017
I will 100 percent. It is amazing how they follow the tank. I had my puffer jump out of the tank while I was cleaning it. He puffed up and then he deflated once he got back into the water. What do you feed him?

Capt_Rick_Dixie

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2017
Clearwater, FL/ Janesville, WI
I will 100 percent. It is amazing how they follow the tank. I had my puffer jump out of the tank while I was cleaning it. He puffed up and then he deflated once he got back into the water. What do you feed him?
Right now he's pretty hesitant to take much that isn't live or pretty freshly dead. He's been eating gut loaded ghost shrimp that I hand feed him (because he's too small to catch them), the occasional baby snail he finds in his tank, and he's just starting to take interest in the frozen krill and cockles I've been offering him. I'm sure he'll warm up to other foods as he grows.

NilePufferIsTheWay

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2017
Right now he's pretty hesitant to take much that isn't live or pretty freshly dead. He's been eating gut loaded ghost shrimp that I hand feed him (because he's too small to catch them), the occasional baby snail he finds in his tank, and he's just starting to take interest in the frozen krill and cockles I've been offering him. I'm sure he'll warm up to other foods as he grows.
Gotcha, my Puffer at the moment is still stressed regarding its new tank. I have LED lights to which I put the dark blue so I can observe him. When that light is on he swims around. When I turn the regular white tank light he does not move so much. Also his coloring has changed do to him being stressed. It will hopefully take a couple more days since it's only been 24 hours. Got to stay positive or else I will freak out since this fish is like my baby

NilePufferIsTheWay

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2017
Gotcha, my Puffer at the moment is still stressed regarding its new tank. I have LED lights to which I put the dark blue so I can observe him. When that light is on he swims around. When I turn the regular white tank light he does not move so much. Also his coloring has changed do to him being stressed. It will hopefully take a couple more days since it's only been 24 hours. Got to stay positive or else I will freak out since this fish is like my baby
Also, I made a post called the Fahaka Puffer thread

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store