The Masked Shadows Desert Tortoise Growout Thread

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
Fun day of what are likely to be the last pics of the year! This one is by far my favorite! Spike ate 7 snap peas today, on top of the tortoise diet and a full Hibiscus Flower! Lucky has almost completely slowed down.

201706D2-0915-4B5C-A355-A4D992FFA58E.jpeg

Reactions: deeda and Deadeye

CrazyPhishMan

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2017
Massachusetts
very cool. i've got an enclosure for either a tortoise or a beardy. part of me wanted both, i know its not the right way though.

what made you choose this species? i've looked at redfoot and hermans myself

Reactions: Deadeye

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
very cool. i've got an enclosure for either a tortoise or a beardy. part of me wanted both, i know its not the right way though.

what made you choose this species? i've looked at redfoot and hermans myself
They are really cool species from around my area. An underrated species. I didn’t have much of a choice. I didn’t want to get a tropical species with lots of color, and when these guys popped up, they seemed like the best choice.

Just remember, tortoises are a lifetime commitment. Lizards aren’t. My beardy isn’t as active as I would’ve liked, but I recommend a desert species.Easier to care for. Mine doesn’t care about being held, and is completely chill. My friends was agro af, and hated to be held, touched, or for anyone to be near him. It’s honestly a dice roll. When your at the store, I would go for the most active one.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store