The Most Aggressive Freshwater Aquarium Species

Andrink

Jardini
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2013
Wait, what about Lutjanus Argentimaculatus, people keep this species in freshwater and saltwater. But in our area, large ones are a prized catch. Are they aggressive? Because when I catch them, they attack aggressively. They charge into the lure or bait I'm using, then they take off. I don't know but the teeth inside its mouth tells me it can do some serious damage. About teeth, on Saturday, I was fishing and I netted a glassy perchlet, it is usually a fragile and weak fish, this specific perchlet decided to bite my finger. It locked on until I had to yank it off. No blood drawn.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

meast007

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 13, 2014
Colorado
Aggressive-ready or likely to attack or confront; characterized by or resulting from aggression. A fahaka puffer will kill anything you put in with it, breeding is unknown due to their aggressive nature you never see a YouTube video of a fahaka with any fish in the tank..... You all are confusing aggression and hunger. I like the convict argument yet as stated before he has to be paired, I see snakeheads living together, tiger fish, jardini with other fish..... I don't see wolf fish usually with other fish yet a fahaka puffer never it kills for fun it's smarter than all of the other suggestions and more aggressive IMO due to the definition of the word

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

chris1990

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2014
china
My guess would jardini aro or flowerhorns . My jardini would kill any tankmates i tried to house him with . killed a paroon shark about its sized once . bullied it until it died of stress .

bobVillanueva

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2007
Philippines
www.youtube.com
Id welcome a friendly debate but i'd put my money on the Hoplias Aimara. Inna former thread i made, he attacks even the hoses used for WC.

Id initially thought of channa micro but ive been successful in communing them in multiple occasions (just got lucky maybe)

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
Giant gourami are mean as hell not that they have the best arsenal, jardini and wyckii should be up there. .. dovii when large, 5 star generals and red devil... I dont rate smaller micro but like dovii once they top 2.5ft/get big are almost unstoppable along with giant wolf fish.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
There's a few videos of fahaka with tankmates... even a community on youtube inc very large black rhom and micro....

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
[video=youtube;VYaVWQs9p1k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYaVWQs9p1k[/video]

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store