MFK Member
May 3, 2011
northern va

bOOsteN aUdI

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2005
East Coast
Yours is looking real nice too, looks like its put on some size already.
Yeah he's catching up to the others and had lightened up a lot since I got him. He was super dark/ dark green for a while.

cigars

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 3, 2011
northern va
Yeah he's catching up to the others and had lightened up a lot since I got him. He was super dark/ dark green for a while.
My kel is super dark but I think mine is stressed in order to get that pic last night I had to military crawl to the tank and slowly pop up. :)

Reactions: bOOsteN aUdI

bOOsteN aUdI

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2005
East Coast
My kel is super dark but I think mine is stressed in order to get that pic last night I had to military crawl to the tank and slowly pop up. :)
Hahahah brings back memories. Rapps said these guys were super spooky but when I put him in with the others who are the least bit shy, he became like the rest. Mine as dark for a week or two. Everyday he gets brighter and brighter.

cigars

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 3, 2011
northern va
Hahahah brings back memories. Rapps said these guys were super spooky but when I put him in with the others who are the least bit shy, he became like the rest. Mine as dark for a week or two. Everyday he gets brighter and brighter.
I have been trying to find images of 4 bar kelberi and not had real good luck I'm wondering if the 4rth bar lateral line will break apart and look like the sao fran kels, or araguaia kelberi a lot of these have all the black spotting near the tail looks real good. It's interesting to think of what these could turn out to look like.

bOOsteN aUdI

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2005
East Coast
I have been trying to find images of 4 bar kelberi and not had real good luck I'm wondering if the 4rth bar lateral line will break apart and look like the sao fran kels, or araguaia kelberi a lot of these have all the black spotting near the tail looks real good. It's interesting to think of what these could turn out to look like.
From what I found these are all from the Rio parana but I found one that's a 4 bar ;)

The bottom 2 photos seem to have the greenish color in areas and they all have the big single tail occellette.

IMG_9803.jpg

IMG_9805.jpg

IMG_9804.jpg

Reactions: BigShawn

cigars

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 3, 2011
northern va
bOOsteN aUdI bOOsteN aUdI interesting we would have to wait and see. The bottom kel looks to have that 4rth bar Im exited......time to power feed and step up the water changes :)

isde02

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2011
Ohio
Man.....Those are fire. That body shape and base color.....These guys will be stunners

isde02

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2011
Ohio
4 bar kels? Here you go;)wild%20kels.JPG amarelo21.jpg 4bar kel.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store