The Pond...

Luc70

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2009
Bangkok, Thailand
I'm jealous of your shop. Having a planer is a lifesaver.
Took me about 5 years to finally get one.. and yes I can now say I fully agree, it's a lifesaver..
Most other stuff I built myself, including the table-saw. Check out www.aw-thinkbold.com. Awesome table-saw they developed for DIY building.
You'll find my build-story on it as well. Hector, who developed the format table saw is a fantastic man who's helped me throughout the process of building it.
That saw is a real workhorse

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Took me about 5 years to finally get one.. and yes I can now say I fully agree, it's a lifesaver..
Most other stuff I built myself, including the table-saw. Check out www.aw-thinkbold.com. Awesome table-saw they developed for DIY building.
You'll find my build-story on it as well. Hector, who developed the format table saw is a fantastic man who's helped me throughout the process of building it.
That saw is a real workhorse
Pretty cool! We got a tablesaw second hand, Money for a planer is not there yet. I have used a router jig to make some planks for my coat hanger rack, but that is not quite the same as a thicknesser

Luc70

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2009
Bangkok, Thailand
Well, weekend will be the first installation day (of many).

IMG_1700.jpeg

Filled up the gaps on the backside.. making sure it's not going to collect any water.

IMG_1626.jpeg
And finished with 3 layers of poly-urethane.. After installation, it will get a light sanding and a finishing layer, just to take out any transport and installation damages.

IMG_1701.jpeg
Installed levelling bolts.

IMG_1705.jpeg
Test fitting after filling up some gaps.. Looks good to go!

Reactions: MatteoTheEnder22

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
I'm watching this with interest; not really able to picture where you are going at the moment, but curious to find out.

Bit of a slow start compared to the other thread, no? I was expecting exotic jungle cats getting caught in the power tools, or monkeys storming the workshop flinging feces and insults, or maybe some giant killer tropical wasp hatching out of a freshly-machined piece of wood and creating havoc. So far it's too much documentary, not enough car chases, shoot-em-ups and bar brawls...but, of course, you're just getting started, so...:)

Luc70

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2009
Bangkok, Thailand
I'm watching this with interest; not really able to picture where you are going at the moment, but curious to find out.

Bit of a slow start compared to the other thread, no? I was expecting exotic jungle cats getting caught in the power tools, or monkeys storming the workshop flinging feces and insults, or maybe some giant killer tropical wasp hatching out of a freshly-machined piece of wood and creating havoc. So far it's too much documentary, not enough car chases, shoot-em-ups and bar brawls...but, of course, you're just getting started, so...:)
on special request.. Monkey Attack...​
IMG_1589.jpeg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store