THE SUMP MONSTER

CatDaddy95

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2013
Pennsylvania
I have a 125 gallon tank plumbed with a 20 gallon sump. The tank has two peacock bass and a goliath tiger fish and a few cats and loaches and one craw daddy. Anyway, every time I feed them, guppies, Rosies, and golddaddies get sucked down the drains and end up in the sump which I would then struggle to catch as they would stay in the inaccessible part of the sump. So I came up with the idea for a sump monster. I bought a 4" Asian red tail catfish and plopped him into the sump and now I have no more baitfish in the bottom of my sump because if they get sucked down the drains ole sump monster takes care of em. Just wanted to share this good idea and hear what y'all had to say about it. Thanks everyone!!

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
then you will have to replace the sump monster when it get big ...

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
Asian RTC in a 20 gallon? I hope you'll be switching it out for a smaller one once it starts growing lol, a pike live bearer would make a pretty good perm sump monster for you haha

Sent from my DROID4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

CatDaddy95

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2013
Pennsylvania
I was considering a pike livebearer when I first thought of this idea. I also have four piranha and was thinking of tossing one of them in. For now it's just my lil asian rtc maybe after he gets bigger ill do a pike or something. Maybe a small gator gar haha

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
I hope this is a joke! Seriously a RTC in a 20G sump!!!

I mean i understand its "small" but the idea of just constantly switching them out and selling them back to an LFS seems kinda like a lazy way to take care of your tank, also what happens if they dont want them back no more? Then what happens to the RTC?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store