Thoughts on bichir with RTC?

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
Go to Asian Market and check out, live catfish over 2 feets only for $2.99 a pound.....cost you like 20 bucks for massive one! :ROFL:

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Rays are a toss up too from what I've been told. They could do great together or that bichir may meet his maker if the ray gets aggressive enough. Just my $0.02. Honestly...I'd get more bichirs...I didn't think I'd want anymore either after I bought my first one...a 150 gallon tank and 4 more bichirs later...

CaptainS

Banned
Dec 14, 2014
Bay Area
Red tail catfish get huge and will eat anything that fits in there mouth so that bichir will be like a stick of licoriose for the catfish.

Lindsay

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2015
illinois
Yeah oh well no more RTC for me then ;'(

This ornate is atleast 15"

I also considered 120g but decided to just go straight to a monster tank of 300 once we move in and everything =)

Does anyone know if its safe to keep payara armatus with arowanas? I've seen videos of them together on youtube i think they're dangerous but interesting ☺️

And really you can buy the fish as pets from asian markets lol?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania

I also considered 120g but decided to just go straight to a monster tank of 300 once we move in and everything =)

Does anyone know if its safe to keep payara armatus with arowanas? I've seen videos of them together on youtube i think they're dangerous but interesting ☺️

Again, thats a toss up combo, you may be alright and you may wake up a warzone in your tank.

That 300 won't be big enough for your liking in a few months after you get it...I haven't even cleaned my new 310 and I'm already planning the upgrade.

If the fish is alive who is going to tell you what to do with it once you pay for it? haha.

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there

Armatus are extremely attracted to long silvery fish but it can work. My friend has them together and no problems but the aro is much much larger than the armatus.

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia

Sure you can, it's not a joke! Before US banned snakehead, all Asian market in California had Live Giant Snakehead for sell per pound it's their daily food source, live cat fish still sell there plus other species like tinfoil barb. I laugh so hard when folks go to LFS and paid 3 dollars for a crawfish when you can buy 1 pound live crawfish for 7 bucks...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store