Thoughts on bichir with RTC?

CaptainS

Banned
Dec 14, 2014
Bay Area
Id rather keep a brycon with a payara they are tough as nails to. To keep a payara with a arownana is a hit or miss do brycon instead.

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
When did snakeheads get banned exactly? I use to go to those fish markets in Chinatown and see all sorts of crazy live fish. I wonder if I ever saw them

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
There is a major issue when a Chinese guy released a pair of snakehead into the water way around 2000 or 2002 if I remember right. The law that banned any species of snakehead release soon after that (don't quote me on exact time but you can google it and there is a sticky on snakehead forum)

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
Hahahaa omg wow

Do they have other big fish? I thought they always shop off the head when you buy them (food)

You have to go to state with high population of Asian folks and you will see all sources of crazy live fish in their maket, you can always tell them leave it alive and take it home.

Lindsay

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2015
illinois
There is a large famous asian seafood market 20minutes away from me 😅
I'm going to go see the fish tonight first!

Do those fish usually have parasites / sick? My only other aquarium is a 55 brackish for my moray eel 😞

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
There is a large famous asian seafood market 20minutes away from me 
I'm going to go see the fish tonight first!

Do those fish usually have parasites / sick? My only other aquarium is a 55 brackish for my moray eel 

Always quarantine new fish. I would have to imagine fish market livestock would be extremely susceptible to internal parasites/fungus/bacteria.

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
Quarantine is a must if you want to buy live fish from there, of course all the fishes have damage fins, missing scales so treatments for them to recover is a must too, unless you're lucky enough visit as right time at the day their new shipment coming in then the damage will be minimal.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store