Tig at local LFS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morledzep

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2007
where my cichla are
ok it's all you guys' fault.. i saw all your pics of your beautiful tigs and i ran across i nice big one.. about 15 inches long for $79..

is he gonna get along with my peacock bass and/or my redtailed cat? or the oscars? or the snooks?

help help, i need to know quick!!:nilly:

rkc772

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Southern California 91744
Morledzep;844500; said:
ok it's all you guys' fault.. i saw all your pics of your beautiful tigs and i ran across i nice big one.. about 15 inches long for $79..

is he gonna get along with my peacock bass and/or my redtailed cat? or the oscars? or the snooks?

help help, i need to know quick!!:nilly:
depends on how big your other fish are. $79 is not just a steal, but a bargain that you won't even see anywhere.:)

Morledzep

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2007
where my cichla are
my redtailed cat is about 12 inches, the oscars are about 6 inches and they team up and pick on fish they don't like or didn't grow up with. My big peacock bass is about 8 inches and the snooks are about 5 and 6 inches. The arowana is getting very close to 12 inches long..

rkc772

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Morledzep;844530; said:
my redtailed cat is about 12 inches, the oscars are about 6 inches and they team up and pick on fish they don't like or didn't grow up with. My big peacock bass is about 8 inches and the snooks are about 5 and 6 inches. The arowana is getting very close to 12 inches long..
the tigrinus you said was 15"? not including the long tail right? I am not an expert on tigrinus, but keep this in mind, if they can swallow the fish they will. your snooks are the ones i am concerned. it can be eaten, can maybe not. by the way, tigrinus are kept on sand substrate or bare bottom, that is from what i have read. :)

Morledzep

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2007
where my cichla are
rkc772;844540; said:
the tigrinus you said was 15"? not including the long tail right? I am not an expert on tigrinus, but keep this in mind, if they can swallow the fish they will. your snooks are the ones i am concerned. it can be eaten, can maybe not. by the way, tigrinus are kept on sand substrate or bare bottom, that is from what i have read. :)

is there a special reason they need to be in sand or a bare bottom tank? we have sand with natural stream pebbles and some decorations..

AwolAngler

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2007
South Eastern Ma.
www.myspace.com
I think that they will be fine for now but the redtail cat will probably grow faster then him. Make sure it's a true tig and not a juruenese... A tig that size is worth MUCH more then that and if you don't want it you could probably buy it take pics and sell it on here or aquabid for much more then 79!!

Morledzep

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2007
where my cichla are
naw, like i said on that other thread about keeping my fish, if i go out and get them they are permanent.

the only fish i sold were ones that came with used aquariums that i bought and i didn't want the fish.. was 1 10 inch flowerhorn and a spawning pair of red devils about 8 inches long. i kept the plecos that came with both of the aquariums though..

rkc772

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Morledzep;844550; said:
is there a special reason they need to be in sand or a bare bottom tank? we have sand with natural stream pebbles and some decorations..
again, from what i read, please don't quote me on this, the body of the tigrinus is sensitive to gravel, they will scratch themselves and get injured if you have sharp gravels. another reason is the value of the fish. they are expensive.. which at $79 is not. People who keep expensive fish usually goes for bare bottom, but not all. :)

rkc772

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
if i were you "Morledzep" i would go back (right now) and buy the tigrinus. and go to homedepot and buy a bin if you do not have space, stop by at your LFS buy a heater, and filter. even if you buy all of these, the cost to house the tig is still minimal and you can turn the money around if you don't want to keep the tigrinus. and lastly, post some pictures for us.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store