Morledzep

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2007
where my cichla are
rkc772;845820; said:
nice pick up... although this is not a tigrinus it is still a nice one!:D

RKC,

thank you.. can you tell me what kind of catfish he is? I think he's beautiful!!

Morledzep

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2007
where my cichla are
T1KARMANN;845816; said:
thats not a tigrinus

a tigrinus that size would cost you $500-800

the cat you have is going to get real big like 4ft

if you only want people to say somthing constructive start getting a 800gal + tank set up you are going to need it

he's currently in a tank that i've been told is either 150 or 200 gals.. after seeing the 8x2x2 ft 240 gal tank in my garage i'm leaning towards the 150 gal mark. And i see no reason why a sedentary animal like a catfish can't live happily in a tank that is more than twice as long as he's ever going to get.

Besides, the 240 isn't the last aquarium we'll ever get, it's just the largest at the moment. We won't actually build the big one till we move about 3 years from now.

Dovii dude

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2006
Massachusetts
www.Tanbusters.com
79 bucks!?!?Thats a steal!!!I paid 40 bucks for my TSN,and he was only an inch and a half(now 4 inches)and no where near as pretty as yours!!But i still love him and will never get rid of him!!Great pick up!!Congrats.

Morledzep

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2007
where my cichla are
Dovii dude;845859; said:
79 bucks!?!?Thats a steal!!!I paid 40 bucks for my TSN,and he was only an inch and a half(now 4 inches)and no where near as pretty as yours!!But i still love him and will never get rid of him!!Great pick up!!Congrats.

thanks Dovii, it's actually even better than that.. the guy gave me a big discount because of the situation.. so i got him for a lot less than $79.. hehehe.

Bgonz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2006
Monroe twp NJ
T1KARMANN;845816; said:
thats not a tigrinus

a tigrinus that size would cost you $500-800

the cat you have is going to get real big like 4ft

if you only want people to say somthing constructive start getting a 800gal + tank set up you are going to need it

I consider you buying that fish a good deed. Many will make their comments, but the bottom line is he was already returned to a pet shop and had it not been for you, he might have just ended up in a 55 or worse by some high school kid who wants to see him eat feeders. Nice buy and better yet.......NICE SAVE. Any life you give him is better that spending the rest of his days in the pet shop.

JMO of course...

bob

Morledzep

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2007
where my cichla are
Awol, i wasn't sure, but the guy in the LFS didn't contradict me when i called him a Tigrinus.. and i really had no idea that a tig was worth so much.

I'm not much of a catfish person, but he's so handsome, i just had to have him. That and seeing the pics of every body's TSN and Tigs here.. If i had seen him without ever seeing a pic of one previously i probably wouldn't have asked about him, or said "oh, that's too much for a fish".

Morledzep

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2007
where my cichla are
Bgonz;846157; said:
I consider you buying that fish a good deed. Many will make their comments, but the bottom line is he was already returned to a pet shop and had it not been for you, he might have just ended up in a 55 or worse by some high school kid who wants to see him eat feeders. Nice buy and better yet.......NICE SAVE. Any life you give him is better that spending the rest of his days in the pet shop.

JMO of course...

bob

Thanks Bob,

i with this LFS i'm not so sure, he buys wild caught peacock bass and he has a warehouse of exotic fish. It may or may not have been a return. Either way i got a pretty cool fish that will spend the rest of his life being very well cared for.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store