Tiger barbs with black spots?

Supalah17

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2014
Buffalo, New York
Got a 125g with 3 black spotted eels (roughly 12”, 14”, 16-18”), they’re all pretty established, no aggression issues, all got their little territories and swim right around each other peaceful enough.

Now I want some active top/middle of the tank fish to add some movement to the tank when they’re hiding during most of the day. I love the appearance of tiger barbs but I know of their aggression issues, and know they can be diminished with a large enough school. Would about 15 of them work? More? Would there be some other good dithers help further?

Fluval FX6 (400g) canister filter, frogbit/Anubias/crypts/swords, 40-50% weekly water changes, 2 stingray LED lights, no Co2, sand substrate, root driftwood.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Got a 125g with 3 black spotted eels (roughly 12”, 14”, 16-18”), they’re all pretty established, no aggression issues, all got their little territories and swim right around each other peaceful enough.

Now I want some active top/middle of the tank fish to add some movement to the tank when they’re hiding during most of the day. I love the appearance of tiger barbs but I know of their aggression issues, and know they can be diminished with a large enough school. Would about 15 of them work? More? Would there be some other good dithers help further?

Fluval FX6 (400g) canister filter, frogbit/Anubias/crypts/swords, 40-50% weekly water changes, 2 stingray LED lights, no Co2, sand substrate, root driftwood.

The group of 15 Tiger Barbs will work the aggression will be spread out within the group.

Supalah17

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2014
Buffalo, New York
The group of 15 Tiger Barbs will work the aggression will be spread out within the group.
Would there be any other top/middle swimmers that might work with them? Perhaps one (or both) of my 2 severums (1x super red; 1x green) I’m trying to move so I can turn my other 125g into a community tank? Open to other suggestions too honestly!

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Would there be any other top/middle swimmers that might work with them? Perhaps one (or both) of my 2 severums (1x super red; 1x green) I’m trying to move so I can turn my other 125g into a community tank? Open to other suggestions too honestly!

Tbh don't know but do know that Tiger Barbs may nip fins of fish with long trailers.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store