Tiger scats

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
There's a group of grow-out Nangu black fronts, trophs, and canary cichlids sharing the tank with the scats.

I used rift lake salts primarily for the Tangs. I figured it wouldn't hurt the scats since they're from areas with the same geology. Other owners keep them in conditions from slightly brackish to full fresh (alkaline) with equal success. I guess the best way to keep them will be determined at the 1st captive spawning.

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
United Species of Arowana
Nice pick up Brian. You'll like them. Bold fish, with character as same as datnoid. Here's my group of 13, range from 7" to 9". I have had them for 4 years, strictly fresh, tap, socal water. They eat all type of pellets, float, sinking, Hikari or Ken. I can't believe to see peeps selling their left and right, consider how everybody was asking for them not too long ago, but when I saw your info regarding where you purchase yours, I realize why they did so. It's a shame. I'm debating on whether I should grow out another group
DSC_0673.JPG DSC_0674.JPG DSC_0675.JPG

Reactions: Gr8KarmaSF

FunWow!

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2008
Rhode Island
Nice pick up Brian. You'll like them. Bold fish, with character as same as datnoid. Here's my group of 13, range from 7" to 9". I have had them for 4 years, strictly fresh, tap, socal water. They eat all type of pellets, float, sinking, Hikari or Ken. I can't believe to see peeps selling their left and right, consider how everybody was asking for them not too long ago, but when I saw your info regarding where you purchase yours, I realize why they did so. It's a shame. I'm debating on whether I should grow out another group
View attachment 1125401 View attachment 1125402 View attachment 1125403
Wow! What a nice group you have John! I should of known you had some lol. It's good to hear people keeping them in different water conditions and them doing fine. I asked around about them and everyone said they are great fish... A lot of personality for sure. Yeah crazy how people wanted them and some selling off for whatever the reason considering it's been years since they have been around. I'm glad I picked up some. Mine are just eating blood worms right now but try pellets.

JayC74

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2012
Massachusetts, USA
Wow those are sexy fish. Congrats Brian, might have to open up yet another tank, oh lord!

Nice group as well JL of some larger guys. You guys are making me very jealous

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
Always enjoy seeing yours John. They are special. Get mine Friday :)

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Do you still have the group?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store