Toni and Nemo my albino Oscar's

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Update:

The SDs are absolute pigs. The 11 of them are eating a full leaf of Romaine lettuce every day, not to mention scraps from Toni and stealing Catnesses carnivore pellets when I drop them in.

Reactions: Niki_up

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Long term maintenance update:

It's been a year and one month now since Toni got split off into her own tank. I got a brand new Aqua Clear 110 for the 55gal she went into. It's been running ever since, even moved with her to the 125gal.

I finally had replace the sponge it came with. At this point it has to be cleaned out every 4 days or so. Where as the one in the other A.C. goes two weeks between cleanings.

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
In another thread I came up with the idea hooking up my python to my FX4 and let it do the draining.

Well good idea, but the port of the bottom of the FX4 is a tad bit bigger than my python. 20180719_133436.jpg

Hose on the left is the one that came with the FX4, the right one the python...so nope no FX4 doing the draining till I get a bigger hose.

Reactions: Matteus and Niki_up

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Well the SD's have been rehomed. In preparation of the new tank being set up I wanted to lower the bioload in Toni's tank to stretch the water changes to every 3rd days. That way I can do one tank a day cycling thru the three tanks I will have running.

Surprisingly the removal of the SD's has made Toni more active than before, Catness also is out more. Maybe thier constant zooming about stressed out Toni and Catness.
20180725_074015.jpg

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
A month back or so, Toni got her first battle scar, remember then crazy jump out and bounce back into the tank. Well it left two scars not one. I noticed the second one a day or so ago
20180728_153118.jpg
I saw the blue one before. Yellow is the new one. Not sure if it was done at the same time, or if it's new.

Reactions: Niki_up

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Well tomarrow could be possibly the 10th 90deg + day in a row. For some thats normal but here in the Northwest it's not so. About to tie a record for us for the most 90deg + days in a row.

Anyways this heat has the temps rising in my tanks. Heaters have been unplugged since June, so they are not adding to the issue. But it sure is changing the normal actions of both Toni and my HRPs. Toni is digging like crazy all day long, clink, clink, clink of her spitting rocks out against the tank sides. And the male HRP is so ramped up, I am thinking of grabbing another female or two and toss them in there.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store