Transferring Taco the Pacu. A LITTLE ADVICE HERE!!!!

Diesel Street

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2016
add all the substrate, water, and filter media from your existing tank as well as a few bottles of seachem stability and prime for added assurance. good on you for actually upgrading your pacu's living arrangements.
Thanks... Ive been hearing this "Prime" thing... Is it similar to API Stress Coat?

Diesel Street

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2016
^ this was what I was always told by fellow mfkers. Even when I went from 80g to 125g, just transfer old media and then your good with new water.
Cool thanks. That's exatctly wht i did. I see im going to have to turn on notifications. I didn't know ppl would actually respond with advice. Thanks again!

Diesel Street

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2016
I thought just the filter media from the existing tank was suffice.. I do not recall having any issues with adding new water only as long as I moved the healthy bacteria to the new tank. Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks. GL
Yes thats exactly what i did in the beginning. I added everything that was in the (BIO) filter (i.e. sponges and green rectangle scrubbing pads) into the pond and have it floating along the surface. I have decor in there too. The only thing i didn't do was add any of the substrate (gravel) to the pond. The pond s floor is bare.

SandNukka15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2010
Towanda PA
add all the substrate, water, and filter media from your existing tank as well as a few bottles of seachem stability and prime for added assurance. good on you for actually upgrading your pacu's living arrangements.
Seachem stability will always be my go to....never hesitant when setting up tanks or cleaning multiple filters with this around.....highly recommend it

Reactions: kevbc03

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Thanks... Ive been hearing this "Prime" thing... Is it similar to API Stress Coat?
Prime is a water conditioner that removes chlorine and chloramine from the water and essentially nullifies ammonia and nitrites for a period of time while keeping it usable for your bacteria in your tank to continue the cycle.

Reactions: kevbc03

kevbc03

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2008
Cleveland
Prime is Highly recommended by many MFKers.
I've been dosing with Prime for years now and it has done a flawless job.
I test the water conditions after every WC/Prime-dose and no issues so far.

BMac91

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2011
Alabama
Would also recommend prime. Stuff smells horrendous, but works fantastically and is highly concentrated.

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
Would also recommend prime. Stuff smells horrendous, but works fantastically and is highly concentrated.
First time I used prime I almost passed out lol It's very potent haha

I had a question will activated carbon do the same as prime? I have activated carbon and was going to rig it to my hose for water change. I dose prime before every water change but activated carbon will do the same thing? It would be easier for me since I got lots of it.

kevbc03

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2008
Cleveland
Gotta love that rotten-egg sulfur smell lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store