Treating "Bloat" aka Spironucleus

predatorjoe

Feeder Fish
Jan 6, 2012
North west Indiana
Hey my ruby is the same way. He looks like hes going to pop, but acts fine and eats great, i think its just the fish. Hes been like this for 5 months, so if it was bloat or something else he would have died long ago.

yama

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2006
nashville
Yes. I am trying this on a pike cichlid now.

Reactions: BigBeardDaHuZi

kiupuriash

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2014
paramount
Can this be used as a preventive measure? I have a colony of petros flametails, one of 15 kigomas, and a couple varieties of tropheus.
Sent from my SGH-M919 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Razzo

Piranha
MFK Member
May 18, 2008
Northern Indiana
In extreme cases, the oral solution could be administered to a fish via a pipette.Just make sure to use a flexible tip so as not to damage the fishes esophagus when squirting the solution down the fishes throat. Only a small amount is required, but repeat daily until the fish is accepting pre-soaked pellets, and continue treatment for 5 days.

RD, I may be at this point with my 10" alpha male gibberosa. What is a pipette and I'm am trying to visualize how far down into his mouth/throat I should go? Do you penetrate the mouth-throat orifice area and how far?

Thanks,
Russ

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
A pipette is basically the soft tube one gets in aquarium test kits. Any type of baby syringe will work. The tubing itlf needs to be soft, and slightly pass the mouth area, or meds will simply spill out the gills.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store