Treating Hexamita aka Spironucleus

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Good tips, thanks Mike! I had no idea that aquarium stores sold it too.

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Yes, good advice Mike. Fortunately I just found and ordered some from a Thai online health store, http://www.thaiorganiclife.com in case any other members in Thailand need it.

In fact though I think I might have jumped the gun on the HITH worry -- just took my first up close look since yesterday and I can't even find the little mark that was on his head. Besides a 30% water change yesterday after noticing the mark, I've fed him twice with fresh garlic juice soaked pellets. Not sure if that helped or not (could have also been the vitamin supplement I added after water change, or both), but again no mark now (and to note, there was never any kind of 'pimple' and his usual active/aggressive behavior and voracious appetite never changed).

I'll keep monitoring him of course, and as a preventive measure I'm still going to give him epsom salt soaked pellets for 2-3 days after that arrives.

leefreak

Feeder Fish
Oct 30, 2017
i saw white poop coming out....

help me guys....i gave my flowerhorn his pellets soaked with epsom salt and distilled water(battery water) as said above he didn't accecpt his food so i injected... he's kind of lethargic now !

help me is it a problem ?? i have metronidazole tabs too...

what i have to do now ?

H]-[H

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2008
Malaysia
RD. RD. Since my FH has been refusing pellets lately, I was thinking of soaking some NLS pellets in 3% epsom solution then feed to superworms before feeding the FH..
Is it a little far fetched? Will the epsom lose its effectiveness from the sw to the FH?

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
RD. RD. Since my FH has been refusing pellets lately, I was thinking of soaking some NLS pellets in 3% epsom solution then feed to superworms before feeding the FH..
Is it a little far fetched? Will the epsom lose its effectiveness from the sw to the FH?
See if your FH will eat freeze dried worms like meal worms or super worms or even freeze dried whole krill.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Or inject live worms, right before feeding.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store