Treating Hexamita aka Spironucleus

Shark75

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2020
I have been trying to hand feed a Copadichromis trewavasae the last week or so and am having problems. I apologize if this was already detailed in this thread but I have read it completely at least twice and don't remember. I'm having a hard time with the fish keeping the food down. Am I supposed to take the fish's head out of the water or leave completely in the water? How far down do I stick the pipette? I'm afraid of injuring him if I stick it in too far. I have tried different methods but all seem to result with the food being expelled even when I think I have placed it pretty far down. He seems to regurgitate it after a second or two. Thanks for your help, Jim.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I have been trying to hand feed a Copadichromis trewavasae the last week or so and am having problems. I apologize if this was already detailed in this thread but I have read it completely at least twice and don't remember. I'm having a hard time with the fish keeping the food down. Am I supposed to take the fish's head out of the water or leave completely in the water? How far down do I stick the pipette? I'm afraid of injuring him if I stick it in too far. I have tried different methods but all seem to result with the food being expelled even when I think I have placed it pretty far down. He seems to regurgitate it after a second or two. Thanks for your help, Jim.
This vid may help but can be used similarly for feeding. I assume this.

Shark75

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2020
Thanks. That looks like it would be stressful on a daily basis but better than just letting the fish starve to death. Ill try it.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Thanks. That looks like it would be stressful on a daily basis but better than just letting the fish starve to death. Ill try it.
Don’t need to be daily but atleast get some food and retry feeding. I’d even suggest hex shield ground up to be fed.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store