Trimac/Sajica Grow Outs

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
Trimacs and Sajica....MAN!!!! THE coolest species there are, and I don't have either one. You have chosen very well.

Reactions: FIU Panther

FIU Panther

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2008
South Florida
Twice a day at least till they hit about 3 inch
I'll keep an eye on their stomachs and may have to scale back on the feedings.

I've been feeding four times a day. In the morning before work I'll feed and then re-feed about 30 minutes later. Then when I return in the evening I'll again feed and then re-feed an hour or so later. The pellets I'm feeding are 1mm so they really only seem to be able to eat one hence the spacing of the feedings.

FIU Panther

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2008
South Florida
Time for an update on the Amatitlania Sajicas (T Bar Cichlid).

I received these guys on Nov 23, 2016 and took this video today Jan 10, 17. These guys were ordered from Jeff Rapps and were listed at 1.5-2" in size.

I've attached two videos, I uploaded to YouTube. It's too hard take a decent picture to show them. They've grown a decent amount since I received them. There is now an obvious dominant male and female that I believe may be pairing up soon. Their colors have become very bright. I may have to rehome the other two Sajicas as they are getting chased around quite a bit.

FIU Panther

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2008
South Florida
These are the Amphilophus Trimaculatus 'Rio Naranjo' ordered from Rapps and listed at 1.5", these were also received Nov 23, 16. These shots are from Jan 10, 17.

These guys are still extremely hard to get a picture of, and I was unable to get a decent video.

I'm sure as they grow it'll get easier.

IMG_3145.JPG

IMG_3146.JPG

IMG_3147.JPG

IMG_3148.JPG

IMG_3149.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store