anaheim/orange CA
Wow he looks amazing awesome job

Reactions: FIU Panther

FIU Panther

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2008
South Florida
It's been a while since I posted an update on the Trimacs, these are photos from July 01, 2017. I have one dominant male that has basically taken over the tank. He's finally starting to display some greenish/redish tones.

I actually thought these guys would grow faster than what they have, they get 50-80% water changes weekly and are fed 2-3x a day. The main male dwarfs all the others, and I'd say he's about 5 inches tip to tip. The other guys are still very small.

My male sajica in my 40b, ended up not eating for nearly a month after having white stringy poop. I thought I was going to lose him, but as of this week he started eating again. I'll post an update on him once I put some weight back on him.

IMG_4004.JPG

IMG_3998.JPG

IMG_3993.JPG

IMG_4005 (1).JPG

FIU Panther

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2008
South Florida
Video update on the 125g Trimac tank. They have grown much much slower than I imagined they would. I've had these since Nov 2016 in a 125g with weekly 50%-80% water changes and the largest one is only about 4-5 inches. Their water has been kept pristine since day one.

When they arrived they were about 1.5".

I've been feeding them NLS exclusively.

The other update is I should be moving to the Miami, FL area withing 2-3 months. I've been debating whether to contact someone in the Michigan Cichlid Association (MCA) to see if they would want them for free, donating them to a local fish store, or filling a cooler with water and used media running a battery pump and trying to keep them warm with heat packs for the 2 day trip. The issue is they would have to live in a 40g breeder for 2-3 months until we close on a new house. I'm leaning towards donating them to someone in the MCA and deciding on what to stock once I'm set up in the new house. I've been thinking of trying to stock with exotics from the local canals.

Reactions: fahaka30331
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store