Type of catfish? Pics attached!

Timbo Slice

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2017
Cincinnati Oh.
Greetings!
I've been keeping fish for about a year now! I have a 29 gallon tank, it's been set up for about 6 months. I was in my creek looking for some crawfish for my tank, when I came across this juvenile catfish, in a really shallow part of the creek, in about an inch or two of water! He was so cute, I ended up catching him with my hands & decided I was going to take him home and put him in my tank. I'm having a hard time deciphering if he's a bullhead catfish, or maybe a flathead? Or maybe something completely different! If he's a bullhead, I'm willing to upsize my tank to a 75 or 100 gallon. If he's a flathead, I have a friend with a 800 gallon pond who would love to have him! But I'm hoping I can keep him! I often find him resting in plants & under some rocks I have from the creek he was in! He's a great little guy
Thank you in advanced!

View attachment 1282038

View attachment 1282039

View attachment 1282040
Looks like a channel cat or possibly a shovelhead. Pretty cool. If you plan on raising him you may need a larger tank when he gets bigger. And he will get much larger lol

Shannah

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 30, 2017
Looks like a channel cat or possibly a shovelhead. Pretty cool. If you plan on raising him you may need a larger tank when he gets bigger. And he will get much larger lol
I originally thought he was a flathead also, but with the white chin barbels I'm not too sure!

Timbo Slice

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2017
Cincinnati Oh.
I originally thought he was a flathead also, but with the white chin barbels I'm not too sure!
Tru tru i see them now. Hmmmm im not quite sure either but if i had to guess i think it looks more like a channel cat but thats just my opinion. None the less still pretty cool find. Congrats lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store