Udon, Soba, and the Noodles

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
Interesting, that is pretty slow. How did you feed them initially to be sure they got enough food?

3-4 inches is small, too.

Reactions: Polyaddict86

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Interesting, that is pretty slow. How did you feed them initially to be sure they got enough food?

3-4 inches is small, too.
Lots of frozen bloodworm. Now they come and eat small sinking granules once they figure out it's in the water. I also handfed the smaller one earthworms, the bigger guy is a little shy

Grinch

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2014
NJ
I just informed Bichir Girl of the existence of udon, soba, and the noodles... she is very jealous and has vowed to be more creative in the naming of her fish... as if she wasn't already creative enough.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I'm naming my fish if something comes up that suits them. My brother called my 2 knives nighttime and daytime since one is pretty light and the other quite dark. There is also Jeremy the shebunkin and recently named paradise fish Bruce Lee, he's from Asia, jumps the tank like a ninja when I feed them and I believe he beat 2 guppies to death.

This is the knifefish (and soon to be poly) retreat. Although they also like hiding in my swords
14880455499451440036846.jpg

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
J jaws7777 - thanks, and yeah, the greens are nice. Love my Moke! What do you think you did to piss off the Palmas?

Hendre Hendre - thanks for the compliments, and I can't wait to see your African scape when it happens. I am collecting ideas for when I go bigger.
I would love an African knife, but I think I will have to wait until I upgrade for that. I am going to add a couple of baby grow out cichlids and then I am fairly certain my current tank is maxed out.
Def. on my wish list though.
My theory is this....
The fish never showed any signs of aggression prior to beating the snot out kf the weeksii. I move the palmas into a 20 for a few days to a week to make it easier to bag as i was going to sell it. During thst time it claimed the hide (sponge filter) and since it was such a small tank when i introduced the weeksii it was viewed as a threat or intruder. Maybe the weeksii kept trying to get under the sponge and palmas wasnt having it.

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
J jaws7777 I don't think I realized they were in a 20. That reasoning makes sense to me. Mine had no excuse, and it wasn't guarding any spot, it was just random. Clamp tail and not let go. :( Poor Del. She's nearly fully recovered now, though.
Maybe the Palmas would have been fine with a larger tank? I'll never know. My group is super chill now though. It's nice not to have to worry. I bet the Palmas would have killed/eaten the little Polli.

I just informed Bichir Girl of the existence of udon, soba, and the noodles... she is very jealous and has vowed to be more creative in the naming of her fish... as if she wasn't already creative enough.
My husband is great with helping name too. And we now have Macaroni, however we are considering re-naming him 'Sketti because he is a huge pig. LOL We thought an American-type name would be better suited. Maybe we'll just call him Macaroni and Cheese. Right now it's usually fatty Macaroni.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
My husband is great with helping name too. And we now have Macaroni, however we are considering re-naming him 'Sketti because he is a huge pig. LOL We thought an American-type name would be better suited. Maybe we'll just call him Macaroni and Cheese. Right now it's usually fatty Macaroni.
My brother named my knives, I like to name fish if they have some sort of trait or individual quirck. I wonder what I'm gonna name my poly

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
I name all of my recognizable and personable fish. Just a habit. Makes them seem like more of a pet.

So for example, my bichirs have names, and my plecos have names. The congo tetras, kuhlis, butterflies are hard to distinguish so no names. The ropes only have a collective name. :) They are personable but hard to distinguish between - I have one female, 2 males so can only isolate the female at this point.

Reactions: Polyaddict86

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
DMD123 DMD123 - That Teugelsi gets me every time. HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA! He looks so happy in the first pic though hehh.

magpie magpie - love your polys, and their plant paradise. You are convincing everyone to buy ropes!
They are really photogenic! Love all the piling and snuggling that is taking place. The Moke and Udon look like good buddies :) These are some of my favorite poly pictures of all time.

Fatty Macaroni has a great name! He could also go by :" Big Mac" as his street name. Or Lasagna if he gets really thick lol. :p

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store