Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
It's going great so far! Granted it has only been a day and a half. He (no idea of the sex) doesn't even really look at the other fish, even just with curiosity. He has been exploring more (vs some initial pacing) and is so fun to watch! I was addicted to watching the tank yesterday between him and the polys.

His belly looked like he needed food so I put some live blackworms in tongs near him and he ate out of the tongs. (Yes!)
I then dumped a few in there for him to hunt.

I also got ghost shrimp (they only had 2) for him to hunt and actually the Teug was really into it! I don't think Teug ever got one but I saw him looking all over for them. Got a couple of videos of this.

It makes me think that ghost shrimp are a generally good idea because it definitely seems to be mentally stimulating for the fish. I'm going to try and buy like 15-20 at some point (they're only 50 cents) and throw them in my shrimp tank to breed and feed semi-consistently.

The puffer and Soba were swimming together a few times. That may have been a fluke but maybe they'll be buddies. ;)

Soba
IMG_8993.JPG

IMG_8994.JPG

Ziti
IMG_8998.JPG

IMG_8999.JPG

Ziti compared to Udon :eek:
IMG_9001.JPG

Meatball. ;)
IMG_8995.JPG

IMG_8996.JPG

IMG_8997.JPG

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Faranah

Here's a nice one from u know hoo (irvin)
View attachment 1248282
Looks dabola but i defer to your experience
It's going great so far! Granted it has only been a day and a half. He (no idea of the sex) doesn't even really look at the other fish, even just with curiosity. He has been exploring more (vs some initial pacing) and is so fun to watch! I was addicted to watching the tank yesterday between him and the polys.

His belly looked like he needed food so I put some live blackworms in tongs near him and he ate out of the tongs. (Yes!)
I then dumped a few in there for him to hunt.

I also got ghost shrimp (they only had 2) for him to hunt and actually the Teug was really into it! I don't think Teug ever got one but I saw him looking all over for them. Got a couple of videos of this.

It makes me think that ghost shrimp are a generally good idea because it definitely seems to be mentally stimulating for the fish. I'm going to try and buy like 15-20 at some point (they're only 50 cents) and throw them in my shrimp tank to breed and feed semi-consistently.

The puffer and Soba were swimming together a few times. That may have been a fluke but maybe they'll be buddies. ;)

Soba
View attachment 1248460

View attachment 1248461

Ziti
View attachment 1248462

View attachment 1248463

Ziti compared to Udon :eek:
View attachment 1248464

Meatball. ;)
View attachment 1248465

View attachment 1248466

View attachment 1248467
Man what an exciting tank. I love ypur pics

Reactions: magpie

Cohazard

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
Meatball looks so cool!!! I think one would. E perfect in my 40g.

Reactions: magpie

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
Thanks guys!

Couple of videos.

Meatball, Soba, and FattyMacaroni

Not super exciting but he hunts down and eats a blackworm. And then hovers around being cute.

Ziti checking out and maybe trying to eat a ghost shrimp, part one.

Trying again, I thought he got it but nope. It might be a bit big for him.

You can see why I think this is mentally stimulating for them. After this Ziti was swimming around looking for them. Pretty cool.

Cohazard

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
OMG mag your tank is so interesting to watch!

Soba is so unique and is such a good looking moke, i love that gold ring of color at the base of the caudal peduncle.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store