Udon, Soba, and the Noodles

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Very cool magpie magpie that you got your puffer. They are very personable fish. Mine is like a puppy with a personality that matches the most outgoing of cichlids. You will love having it for sure.

Reactions: magpie and clm08k

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
Well, I am really REALLY sad to say it did not work out. :(

I had noticed a couple of fin nips on the Polli and Teug but had been watching and had seen no indications of anything out of the ordinary... so tried to calm down about it. I had read about puffers "trying" something to see if it was food and was hoping that maybe that had happened at night.

Went out of town for a few days, came back last night. No one looked horrible, but then I specifically saw the puffer go over to the Polli and chomp on her tail. So needless to say he's in the 10 gallon right now.

I don't know why he specifically was going after the Polli and Teug. The Del and Moke, butterflies, tetras, and plecos are completely unscathed.

Whatever it was, he can't be in my tank. I think it would have been fine in a tank without those specific 2 fish. It seemed happy in my heavily planted tank, loved hunting the snails.

I AM SO BUMMED!!!!

kewpiefishypewpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2016
That stinks, at least you didn't lose any polys or the puffer though. Puffers man, they're straight up murderers. Sorry it didn't work out for you!

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Aww man :(

All the more reason for some knifefish :p

What's the plan with meatball now?

Reactions: magpie

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
This sucks mags but luckily no one was injured to badly. Hey atleast you had the guts to try it out.

Could the puffer stay in the 10 if you planted it ?

Reactions: magpie

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
The 10 is very heavily planted already.

He can stay in that for a little while, but I should upgrade to at least a 20 long term. I am trying to find out if a 20 would suffice for life or if I need to go 29. I don't want to spend a lot of money - have been searching CL this morning.

(Sad thing is that I had a 29 already, but the stand was metal, had warped with a move and when I went to set it up, it all crashed down and smashed - FULL of water and black sand!!!! I felt so stupid - I had tested the tank to assure it still was watertight but didn't think about the stand. Idiot.)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store