Ugh....another situation....

Tj203

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2019
Don't try a net the fish you're gonna do more damage trying get along pair of tongs like the use for planted tanks and just grab it and let the fish swim off is long is it hasn't been there for a long time it should pull out you need to get it out ASAP before it gets infected

Reactions: Bbuckley

Tj203

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2019
I don't know how many fish you have in the tank If possible drain likr half the tank and with clove oil have A hose in buckets of water to put in the tank as soon as you are done to get the fish awake again and just do water changes if the fish is too agitated the grab

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
Once I get him out, how much do I use?
Tbh I’m not sure haha. I experiment on my fish like mollies using clove oil, adding drop by drop and stirring the water slightly after each drop. Then once the fish starts to get groggy and flips upside down or swims erratically, I just add one more drop. I’m not sure about larger fish like piranhas though, maybe you can ask kno4te. How do you tag someone?

Tj203

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2019
Tbh I’m not sure haha. I experiment on my fish like mollies using clove oil, adding drop by drop and stirring the water slightly after each drop. Then once the fish starts to get groggy and flips upside down or swims erratically, I just add one more drop. I’m not sure about larger fish like piranhas though, maybe you can ask kno4te. How do you tag someone?
You don't have to completely knock him out your are just making him groggy so you can do it easier

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
You don't have to completely knock him out your are just making him groggy so you can do it easier
Yup ik but I was just playing around and testing out my newfound product for fun HAHAHA

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
You can do whatever you like. But clove oil is just as it sounds, an oil. It will coat the top of your water column and leave a gross residue. I would never willingly use it on a main tank of mine. It’s not easy to clean out either. So you do you bro.

I do agree - if you can get your tongs close enough to the piranha with out the net, that will work. But once again good luck. Not sure if T Tj203 has dealt with a pack of piranhas at this size or not, but I have dealt with lots and I would personally net it against glass, this in itself will most likely knock the plant free, but if not have the tongs ready.

but yes I do agree it needs to be done ASAP if not done already.

Tj203

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2019
You can do whatever you like. But clove oil is just as it sounds, an oil. It will coat the top of your water column and leave a gross residue. I would never willingly use it on a main tank of mine. It’s not easy to clean out either. So you do you bro.

I do agree - if you can get your tongs close enough to the piranha with out the net, that will work. But once again good luck. Not sure if T Tj203 has dealt with a pack of piranhas at this size or not, but I have dealt with lots and I would personally net it against glass, this in itself will most likely knock the plant free, but if not have the tongs ready.

but yes I do agree it needs to be done ASAP if not done already.
It's a possibility that it knocks free, it is also possible that the fish moves the right way and it gets pushed farther in too. That's why I gave multiple suggestions because I don't Know his exact situation only he does.

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America
How did that even happen? I don't see how a fake plant could possibly be sharp enough and the fish run into it with enough force to impale him.

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
If you add too much clove oil, it can kill the fish. You tag someone by putting the @ sign in front of their name : kno4te kno4te

04E367EB-DF63-4820-A457-CC301DEB2582.jpeg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store