Uhh...guys,better take a look at this....

we4wieners

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2010
Atlantic City, N.J.
Dude, I am absolutely paranoid now. I think I see worms all over the tank, damn. Good luck with your treatment!!

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I think the lesson here is that quarantine is paramount along with anti parasite medication as Oddball pointed out.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
Wow that is worst case scenario right there... This thread should definitely be a sticky! How did it come to have an open sore?

Go S. Vettel #1 rb8

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Wow that is worst case scenario right there... This thread should definitely be a sticky! How did it come to have an open sore?

Go S. Vettel #1 rb8
Well I had been already going through it with this fish as it developed a few lumps on its head.I pierced the lumps with a pin and some whitish fluid drained from them but the biggest one became a scar and then a wound,which is when the worm appeared.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I treated the sore with Bio Bandage which probably soaked in and killed the worm as it was already dead when I removed it from the fish.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Good question,Surfpalm's,as far as reproduction...Hopefully parasite medication should address that and I am going to try to find the stuff that Oddball mentioned.

djaalix

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2011
Mahopac Falls, NY
dude, thats insane!!! yuck!! belongs on that show eaten alive, nice find though, and hopefully the fish makes a full recovery.... i would def look into the med oddball suggested, dont want them getting to any other fish for sure... either way, you are officially the fish surgeon!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

00rollins

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2011
Strong Island ,NY
I bet you were pretty surprized to pull that outta your fish. Was it dangling around half out or did you pull it outta the sore completely.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store